Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Suggestions for correctors & pores

I have two issues that have been bothering me lately... one is my dark hereditary under eye circles, and the other is large pores that appear like they are filled with blackheads all the time. I have decided I want to try the Giorgio Armani Master Corrector.. should I use the pink (shade 1) or orange (2) for my circles which can be blueish but mostly are just brownish?

Secondly, you can probably see in the picture that I have enlarged pores all the way up towards my under eyes and on the part of my nose that is showing. I don't believe theres any way to shrink pores... but is there something I should add to my skincare routine? I'm 24 years old with dry skin, and currently use Cerave Face Wash, Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2, a liquid BHA 2% exfoliator at night, paula's choice benzoyl peroxide treatment as needed for acne, and moisturize with Clinique Dramatically Different Lotion + at night, and use Clinique Moisture Surge Intense in the morning.

IMG_7777.JPG

Re: Suggestions for correctors & pores

I feel your pain when it comes to large pores! I keep them free of blackheads but they are still visible and I HATE it. I agree with the previous reply of keeping it clean, I've also heard of washing my face with cold water. My holy grail was the Dior mattifying pore minimizer primer - which was discontinued, it made my pores disappear! the only bad thing was the fact that it was silicone based. They've release

nattygirl wrote:

I have two issues that have been bothering me lately... one is my dark hereditary under eye circles, and the other is large pores that appear like they are filled with blackheads all the time. I have decided I want to try the Giorgio Armani Master Corrector.. should I use the pink (shade 1) or orange (2) for my circles which can be blueish but mostly are just brownish?

Secondly, you can probably see in the picture that I have enlarged pores all the way up towards my under eyes and on the part of my nose that is showing. I don't believe theres any way to shrink pores... but is there something I should add to my skincare routine? I'm 24 years old with dry skin, and currently use Cerave Face Wash, Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2, a liquid BHA 2% exfoliator at night, paula's choice benzoyl peroxide treatment as needed for acne, and moisturize with Clinique Dramatically Different Lotion + at night, and use Clinique Moisture Surge Intense in the morning.

IMG_7777.JPG

d the Dior forever primer which is the same thing but water based and it awesome. try it!

Re: Suggestions for correctors & pores

@nattygirl I think Orange corrector will be a better choice to neutralize the look of dark circles. I hope someone else will chime in and confirm it.

I would suggest that while using a corrector to deal with the appearance of of dark circles, you may consider investing in a good eye cream. Farmacy Eye dew is kind of a magic eye cream when it comes to treat dark circles. I am using it for a long time now and it has become my HG eye cream.

http://www.sephora.com/eye-dew-total-eye-cream-with-echinacea-greenenvy-P400250?keyword=FARMACY%20Ey...

There is unfortunately no product that can treat or visibly reduce reduce the size of pores. However you can reduce the appearance of pores by keeping them clean and free of black heads. There are many masks and treatments that can help with it. My tried and tested is Caoloin Pore pack duo. Using it once a week will help you get rid of black heads and once your pores are clean, they will be less prominent. If you are in US you may look into other Caolion products as well and choose the one that appeals you most but if you are in Canada, this duo is the only Caolion product Sephora carries on Canadian site but it is a really good one.

http://www.sephora.com/premium-hot-cool-pore-pack-duo-P399965?skuId=1739549&icid2=caolion_lp_text_im...

I hope it helps.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos1
  • IMG_7777.JPG
testing