elspethfae

Stretch marks: how to hide them?

Back in late high school I gained a lot of weight really quickly, and now I have stretch marks all across my hips, belly, and on the skin over my triceps. Some are white and raised (the ones on my arms are most indented), but others are red and and are like tears under the top layer of skin. And I keep getting them, despite the fact that I've been losing a fair amount of poundage for the past four months. The red ones especially bother me, as they are like a glaring neon sign, but I was wondering if anyone knows any ways to reduce the visibility of these scared stretch marks, or any good tips on how to hide them completely. Thanks!

amthyst83

Re: Stretch marks: how to hide them?

(0) Hearts

Hi!

New stretch marks maybe forming if you are losing pounds but are gaining mass (muscle)

You can cover them with makeup. Sephora sells a few different brands that cover scars however depending on how large the area is and often you would like to cover them it may can pricey.

I would tell you to try a cream that will help the appearance of these marks. Personally I love Conception Stretch Mark cream. You will see results with in a month (with most things it needs time to work). The longer I used it the better the results. This cream does everything it says it will do (boosts collagen, restores skin elasticity, fades disconsolation, smooth's and evens your skin) :smileyhappy: 

Give it a try it has a money back guarantee.

http://www.stretchmarktherapycream.com/

melissabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Elspethfae,

Those are amazing tips everyone!

I also wanted to add that you should try the Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer. This product is a full coverage concealer that covers imperfections on the skin and it is also waterproof so it will not smear.  I also love that a little bit goes a long way and it really looks flawless.

Tattoo Concealer

I also recommend using the Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer Brush to use with the concealer. The flat bristles allow for maximum coverage and applies the product smoothly.

Tattoo Concealer Brush

<3 Melissa
mummifiedtart

taken from a home-remedy site:

• One of the simplest, yet effective home remedies for stretch marks would be to apply lavender oil on the marks, three times a day.
  • Another home remedy would be to apply Aloe Vera gel on the marks. They would initially, lighten and finally, remove the marks from the body.
  • Prepare a mixture by adding seven drops of lavender oil and a few drops of chamomile oil to an ounce of carrier oil (avocado, sweet almond or jojoba oil). Use it to massage the affected area.
  • Includes lots of green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, liver and dairy products in your diet.
  • Consume seeds and nuts that contain zinc. They will prove effective in removing stretch marks.
  • In a blender, mix ½ cup olive oil, ¼ cup Aloe vera gel, liquid from 6 Vitamin E capsules and liquid from 4 Vitamin A capsules. Store it in a container and place it in the refrigerator. Apply this mixture wherever stretch marks appear.
  • Aroma oil is beneficial in treating stretch marks problem. Apply some of this oil on the stretch marks and massage well.
  • Rub the affected area with apricot scrub. This is likely to remove the stretch marks gradually.
  • Cocoa butter is beneficial in treating stretch marks. Apply it two times a day, in the morning as well as in the evening, over the affected area. This would help remove the marks.

hope that helps!

hautemama11

(0) Hearts

Cocoa Butter works great! My sis got them really bad with her pregnancy and I found a product called TUMMY BUTTER, by the spoiled momma. It worked so well- this summer i could barely tell she had any! I am now preggo and am using the stuff...hope it prevents them as well as it erases/fades them!! Good luck...

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • mummifiedtart
    • elspethfae
    • hautemama11
    • melissabt
    • amthyst83