sangova

Spatula for your cream?

Hi girls! I'm wondering what do you use for your creams that are in jars, instead of your fingers ? :smileyhappy: I used to use my hands to apply a face cream, but I've reading so much how there are too many germs and it's not recommended to put your fingers in any beauty product. Any suggestions? 

stephyd216

Re: Spatula for your cream?

(0) Hearts

I just picked this up and it works great!

sangova

(0) Hearts

Thanks! I guess I'll pick this one up as well :smileyhappy:

Panda168

(0) Hearts

I agree this one is not bad. 

pinklissamel

(0) Hearts

I always loos mine and end up using my fingers instead. Maybe a q tip or something, the end of a makeup brush???

DiVWA

Like others here, I use the dinky plastic spatulas that sometimes come with products (or are used at some beauty counters). I have several of them.

Before and after I use them, I always sanitize them with rubbing alcohol and a facial tissue. I keep the rubbing alcohol in a small pump bottle on my counter because I use it for so many things (like sanitizing spatulas LOL).

hadtotryit

(0) Hearts

Howdy all! I've been eyeing the little spatulas that the employees use to make me samples and I wanted to share information about the great website I found. They have a $25 minimum purchase requirement but I found LOTS of things on this site so I got to the minimum easily. I selected two types since they were so inexpensive and each has a unique quality. The first is simple and flat. The second has more of a cup/scoop feature for products with a wetter consistency. My order was about $30 and my shipping was about $11 for FedEx which I admit is pretty expensive. Oh! The ones I selected didn't have a minimum quantity whereas some do. Happy germ-free dipping!

image.jpgimage.jpg

Urbie

I use a qtip, although if you are really worried about germs, a spatula is a better idea, since you can sanitize it.

Also, you can scoop a week or two's worth of product into a sample sized jar, and store the full sized product in the fridge.  This helps keep the product fresh and prevents bacteria from growing as rapidly.

katie1724

(0) Hearts

My eye cream comes with a spatula, but I've never used it. For as long as I have used eye cream (10 years+), I've always been totally fine with my fingers; my hands are always freshly washed from washing my face.

fatimamummy

I always use my washed fingers ,,,,, no worries :smileyhappy:

anaa

I've always used clean fingers and have never experienced any issues whatsoever.  I do get the spatulas with some of the Perricone products I buy but I honestly don't use them.

mimibel

Spatulas, plural. Never double dip. Ditto for cream foundation/bronzer/blush. I keep a backup package and buy a new one as soon as I open it. They can be sanitized and reused when I wash brushes. In a pinch, I'll pull out product with a qtip or even a  straw or a chopstick that's been kept sealed. It's not perfect but it's more hygienic than fingers. 

serioustree

(0) Hearts

I use a metal spatula from an art store. The spatula I got is supposed to be used for ceramics but I've changed its destiny for my own use. Lol. I am cutting plastic from my life so if I could cut it, I would. The plastic spatulas had to go. I use one with flat ends and clean it with a make up wipe afterwards. I wash it regularly along with my brushes. 

(I mainly use the metal spatula to scoop out colors from the MUFE Flash Palette- plastic ones get stained after a while) 

mafan

I wash my hands and I'm not a germaphobe, so I use my fingers. In winter I need moisturizers that are too thick for pumps. I also use a spatula for some things. You can buy them by the 25 pack at Sally Beauty (along with extra lip brushes, spoolies, all kinds of useful things). You can clean them with brush cleanser, put them in the dishwasher, or just toss them because they're not that expensive. 

linda84

I always wash my face, thus my hands as well, before applying face cream, so I do use my fingers. As long as my hands are clean, I do not worry about it!

TrysBeautyItems

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

A qtip works for me...two fresh ends..and then toss.

LCResz

Am I the only cheapskate that stocks up on free mascara spoolies, spatulas, and foam-tip applicators whenever I make a Sephora run? ok, just me then :smileywink:

Manda

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I ask for some spatulas whenever I purchase things and they throw it in the bag for free. ;D  I also keep the boxes of my moisturizers/eye creams so I can put them in there without problems of taking them.

sangova

(0) Hearts

Lol )) I didn't know we could take them for free ))) 

ShinyMagpie

(0) Hearts

I use a cuticle stick for this. I keep a separate one for my creams and don't use it on my hands/feet.

o-p-i-nails-opi-reusable-manicure-nail-cuticle-sticks.jpg

sangova

Cool! Thank you! I have few of these (brand new), will use it tonight :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 28 hearts
  • 21 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • DTalksAll
    • anaa
    • Manda
    • stephyd216
    • mafan