daar

Skincare routine

Hello! I am soon to be 38 years old. I have pretty normal skin - nothing crazy as far as wrinkles, sensitivity, etc. However, I'm wondering if you can provide some recommendations for a daytime eye cream (currently using an Origins with Mimosa, maybe called Starting Over??.  I'm neither thrilled or displeased with it.  Maybe it is doing it's job?), also looking for a night time eye cream if it needs to be different than the day time. Finally, I'm looking for a good nighttime cream/gel. What is the best thing to use at night for a 38 year old?

Thanks!

krunce

Re: Skincare routine

(0) Hearts

This sounds crazy, but I'm a huge fan of Peter Thomas Roth's retinol day cream. They have a night oil version but I find that with the day cream, I wake up with my skin feeling really really wonderful. 

I use the same eye cream for day and night. I'm not a big fan of night creams because I have oily skin and night creams are too heavy for me. I've just started using Tarte's really highly rated Maracuja eye cream and I'm really enjoying it.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Are you talking about the Retinol Fusion AM & PM? The AM has sunscreen in it, I thought sleeping with sunscreen is a big no-no? Also, the PM is oil-free. 

I use both & love them. The AM is moisturizing, but if you're dry, you might need a moisture serum underneath. 

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

You can sleep with sunscreen at night, it's just one extra unnecessary ingredient in your moisturizer. Or at least that's what it used to be. However, night cream can be more potent than day cream with SPF since some more potent ingredients can cause sun sensitivity or breakdown under light and are used only in the PM. Also, there's chemical and physical sunscreen, don't remember which but some people are prone to clogged pores with sunscreen, in which case they definitely should not sleep with sunscreen moisturizer.

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

My mom tried the Mimosa/Starting Over line and was not impressed, but she liked Plantiscription so maybe also try that from Origins (there was recently a free Plantscription eye cream w/$35 purchase promotion for VIB, it's out of stock online but you can call and see if your store have some).

Other than that, you can check out Bliss Youth, Ole Henriksen Truth and Algenist restorative lines.....I was eyeing some Caudalie things, but most of my skincare research (for mom) is for ppl 45+/serious wrinkles.

Your day/night eye cream doesn't have to be different, I usually just go over it with my moisturizer with SPF during the day.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 4 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • ChicDabbler
    • daar
    • krunce