roxystar4

Shiseido Set

I just saw a post from Starletta8 saying she really likes the Shiseido items she has tried. I tested some today at the Sephora event but really havent used any of their products. I have combination skin (oily forehead & nose, normal cheeks & dry around my mouth).  The SA recommended the balancing set. What do you think?

0730852907775.jpg

Oh and I loved the Urban Environment Tinted UV Protector Broad Spectrum (shade 1).  Just disappeared on my skin and then felt smooth.

camarochic

Re: Shiseido Set

(0) Hearts

Wow it sounds to me like the sephora Sales representative did a great job at sales pitching all the gals that came in for Saturday's event. That's the same product they Tried to pitch to me it's quite obvious that the Sophora gals were trying to sell products they had a lot of stock Of for the demand of the day

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

i agree, The rep was a little pushy with me.  But I didnt buy anything then (it turns me off when crew members act like that). I bought the cleanser at TJMaxx for $20 and then the toner online where I could get 3X points for my fragrance purchase as well!

starletta8

Wow, I had the opposite experience. Then again, they all know me- and and the first question was if I knew anything about Shiseido.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

so I ended up purchasing the skincare softener & the cotton pieces. I really liked the way my skin felt after wearing/using the softener yesterday & it didnt break me out.  I got a fragrance too- so that means triple points!!!!

beautylovingirl

Yeah I agree on the even thing but you know he's going to be on here the 28th of this month . I also agree that of course you want to sample stuff because it can be really expensive.:smileyhappy:

roxystar4

yeah I think I would really like the the Hydra-Pure OilFree Moisture but I feel like i cant shell out $78 If I have never tested it. It just sounds sooo cool. I may have to take a trip (a few hrs away) to a free standing Sephora to get a sample... 

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

@starletta8 - how many pieces of The Makeup Facial Cotton come in a pack?

starletta8

[ Edited ]

165 pieces.  They're super thick, too.

(And no, I didn't know that off the top of my head. My backup package was within arm's reach.)

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

thanks for the info! I bought some just a few min ago!

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Yay, they're seriously incredible. I want to wrap my body in them, LOL.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

lol- fill a pool with them and dive in! LOL

starletta8

(0) Hearts

You'll get it when you pet them.  Softener is my favorite step because I get to play with my facial cotton!

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

lol I used one at the sephora event. they are really nice!

beautylovingirl

@roxystar4- It doesn't hurt my feelings if you use what I recommend specifically that's not what it's about I just suggest products when people ask. I would think that you would sample things because that's the best way to find good products you want to stick with and use. I guess it's just different for me because I have been using the same product line for about 2 years.:smileyhappy:

roxystar4

The issue with the Dr. DG for me is that the ONLY product my local JCP Sephora has of the products you recommended to me was the Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction.  The other items seem great but I really wanted to test them before shelling out the big bucks!

Where as with the Shiseido, I got to test it in store & take home samples. 

I think Dr DG should do an event!!!

starletta8

Which samples did you bring home?

roxystar4

the Benefiance Pure Retinol Instant Treatment Eye mast

Super Corrective Serum

Super corrective Eye Cream

starletta8

The Retinol Eye Masks are the best.  You can actually squeeze a second treatment out of them- put them back in the tray, and put it all in a baggie in the fridge.  You have to do it the next day, but there's enough extra solution in the trays for a second application if you're careful.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

great to know!!! I will get a double dose out of it now!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Oh I know there's nothing wrong with it your just so funny:smileytongue:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 56 replies
  • 39 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • roxystar4
    • crayzeeRN