Shiseido Set

I just saw a post from Starletta8 saying she really likes the Shiseido items she has tried. I tested some today at the Sephora event but really havent used any of their products. I have combination skin (oily forehead & nose, normal cheeks & dry around my mouth).  The SA recommended the balancing set. What do you think?

0730852907775.jpg

Oh and I loved the Urban Environment Tinted UV Protector Broad Spectrum (shade 1).  Just disappeared on my skin and then felt smooth.

Re: Shiseido Set

(0) Hearts

@starletta8- which are your top 5 products?

Thanks!

[ Edited ]

This is tougher than I thought!

1. Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Eye Contour Cream (This is my HG eye cream. If I could only buy one skincare or makeup product ever- this would be it)

2. Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Enriched Balancing Softener (I never liked a toner until this- and I can't imagine life without it now.)

2b. Facial Cotton- Just do it. Trust me. Use it with the softener like it was designed.

3. Benefiance Extra Creamy Cleansing Foam (Cleans, slight exfoliater, and moisturizes. Perfect for my needy skin)

4. Benefiance Firming Massage Mask (Not sold at Sephora, but I can feel my skin tingling after I use it. It's a new (within last 2 months) addition to my routine a couple of times a week and I love the way my skin looks/feels. However, it's a pricey splurge ($48) that can be skipped since their moisturizers are awesome and there just wasn't enough spots in the top 5 for them!)

5. Benefiance Pure Retinol Instant Treatment Eye Mask (Sleep in a bottle. They're super expensive, so even I don't purchase them regularly- but will never, ever turn them down. In a few years, I have a feeling I'll be using these regularly ($62.50/12 treatments))

5b. Ultimate Sun Protection Cream+ SPF50+ for Face (I added this because one of my products isn't sold at Sephora, and one is a splurge even I don't make myself- but is on my "if I ever win the $250 gift card" list.  I wear this every day once we hit late spring, and not only is it a waterproof sunblock that doesn't clog my pores, it's light enough to wear under your moisturizer on a daily basis.  You can skip a primer when you wear this- it makes my facial products wear like iron. 15+ hours and there's ton of product left to scrub off at the end of the night).

That's my top "5".  I can't believe none of their moisturizers even made it- they're all incredible. In all of their products that I've tried, there's only been one that was "meh" for me- and at its price point, a disappointment.

(0) Hearts

thanks for typing this all up! I am interested in the toner for sure!  I think I may have to go to TJMaxx today and then sephora. :smileyhappy:

I get nervous when I buy new moisturizer, cleanser, toner because I have had some cause break outs.   

No problem!  This is one of the few topics where I can actually speak with some decent experience.

Everyone is different, but even without any acne fighting products, I'm down to just my monthly hormonal single massive pimple just on the Shiseido. And nothing except hormones will ever prevent that one!

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

@starletta8 -have you tried any of their makeup?

Yeah my skintone is pretty even. 

I have tried a few of their makeup products, but they pale in comparison to their skincare, IMO.

The cast member used the mascara on me today at the event- it was very nice and defined my lashes well. If I didn't have a bunch of other mascaras I loved, I'd throw it into my rotation.

Lipsticks- They're ok, on par with similar priced ones.

I was going to try their suncare foundations- but they're all too dark and yellow undertoned for me.

im going to check TJMaxx to see if there is any Shiseido softening "toner" there and the Urban Environment. Im glad crazyeeRN reminded me about how TJMaxx has a ton of it (thanks crazyeeRN!)

Good luck!  I've never seen anything other than Pureness or The Skincare near me.

I actually use the waterproof SPF 50 sunscreen instead of Urban Environment. It doubles as a glue-like primer.

(0) Hearts

great to know about the SPF50 - keep those wrinkles AWAY! 

Plus, I'm translucent- so I need at minimum SPF 50!

Just a heads up, I've been seeing a LOT of Shiseido at TJ Maxx lately!

(0) Hearts

me tooo. it is crazy. like a whole section of it....

(0) Hearts

It's also not much savings.  For instance, I did a price comparison on a makeup remover from The Skincare I spotted. It was a whopping $2 less.  For that $2, I'd rather buy directly from Sephora or the Shiseido counter (for the products that Sephora doesn't carry) and not wonder if it was pried open by someone else, how old it is, etc.

Just my $0.02- there are some great beauty deals at TJMaxx, but I've yet to be impressed by any Shiseido "deals."

It is definitely hit or miss for sure. Sometimes TJ Maxx lies about "original prices" so that they can make the "markdown" price a lot less. Which is why I usually have my cell phone out in the store to check! But I did manage to find some items from the Pureness line that were both originally $24 and I got them for $15. I saw Benefiance there the other day too :smileyhappy:

Yup- although I feel better when items are totally enclosed in individual plastic cases that they have to unlock.

I'm just thrilled that one of my favorite brands was featured so that everyone else can see why I rave about it!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 56 replies
  • 39 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
Photos2
  • 0730852907775.jpg
  • 0.jpeg