Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Sensitive/Dry Skin

What is the best moisturizer/skin care routine for sensitive, combination skin?  My face randomly breaks out in hives and gets red, dry patches and previous products I have used have made this worse.  Other parts of my face like my nose get extremely oily though so I'm not sure what products to use.  Please help!!

Re: Sensitive/Dry Skin

@jesssl If you are getting hives, etc., then you make want to consult with a dermatologist.  That said, if you are looking for a good moisturizer for sensitive skin then I recommend CeraVe PM.  As for the combination skin, it's wise to avoid products that claim to be for "combination skin" b/c a product doesn't work two ways.  You need to use one product for the oily areas, and one product for the dry areas.  Good luck!

I have combination skin that gets sensitive/dehydrated sometimes as well. I'm a big fan of FAB oatmeal mask. If you tried other FAB products and find them to be too rich so they end up sitting on top of your skin instead of being absorbed, then try something more lightweight but contains more moisturizing ingredients like hyaluronic acid.

In terms of lightweight hydration that absorbs well and keeps me hydrated, I'm a fan of Murad Hydro-dynamic essence, Drunk elephant B-hydra and Peter Thomas Roth Cloud cream.

Since it sounds like it's irritated and dehydrated, if you are using anything potent with active ingredients like peels with glycolic/lactic acid, retinol or vitamin C serum..... stop. Focus on proper hydration until your skin is back to normal and healthy then bring the products back. Otherwise all those great potent anti-aging/exfoliating ingredients may end up irritating your damaged/dehydrated skin instead of doing their job.

Hi Jessl, First Aid Beauty makes some great products for sensitive and reactive skin. Many of their products contain Colloidal Oatmeal which helps hydrate and soothe irritated skin. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing