nhunka

Pleas help me determine my skin tone!

(0) Hearts

I have read numerous articles online about

Determining one's skin tone and undertone. I am Asian. I have dark brown hair hazel-green eyes (brown when it's dark) and I find that orange or yellow or red colors do not look too nice on me. However I find that beige green dark blue and brown look nice with my skin complexion. And assuming that just beause I am Asian I have warm undertones is not true. My family is fair skinned (we take pride in that LOL) but I think we have peach or neutral undertones. What do you guys think?

CaitlinBrunson

Re: Pleas help me determine my skin tone!

(0) Hearts

Great! I'd ask for some samples of the shades that the ID recommends and go from there. If you don't think it matches or don't like it, ask them! It's makeup, so not everyone has to fit into the same mold. Personally, I like choosing cooler tones foundations just because I'm going to add bronzer and a warm foundation + a warm bronzer + I already have freckles can add up to too much warm in my opinion. Hope this helped sweets!

ghkim

(0) Hearts

also i would say that fair does not always mean pink undertones and dark does not always mean yellow undertones. there are plenty of fair skinned caucasian women with yellow undertones and vice versa.

ghkim

(0) Hearts

i have a warm complexion and i prefer to wear cool toned colors on my face as well as clothing. from your picture, i think you have a warm complexion too. however, you might lean more toward neutral/beige, rather than yellow. if you go to a sephora, try the mufe foundations. they come in pink, yellow, and beige undertones. see which works best on your face and that can help determine your complexion undertones.

carolang

I'm neutral leaning warm (MAC NW 20-25, Sephora 1Y06)... you look like you might be neutral leaning cool. Let us know how your COLOR IQ turns out!!

nhunka

(0) Hearts

So i went to Sephora.today and my skin ID is 5Y06. Not quite sure what it means besides that I have yellow skin lol.

carolang

5Y is how yellow tone your skin is. Since I'm neutral/beige I'm only a 1Y. The 06 is your shade. So 05 is paler and 07 is darker. Have you checked out the list of foundations it says is your color? Some people disagree with their shade match and do it a few times. I think mine is pretty accurate since the foundations I already have used/tried were listed under 1Y06. 

CaitlinBrunson

I'd go to a sephora and have them color ID match you. I thought that there was only pink and yellow undertones. NOT TRUE! I actually have a red undertone so I completely understand your frustration. (Everyone thinks Irish and freckles are pink/Cool) What you've said sounds more like an olive/green undertone. 

nhunka

(0) Hearts

Thanks! I totally forgot about that! Gonna hit a local Sephora today and get some goodies for 20% off :smileyhappy: and check my skin ID

CaitlinBrunson

(0) Hearts

Good luck! Let me know how it goes! 

nhunka

(0) Hearts

So my skin ID turned out to be 5Y06. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • carolang
    • ghkim
    • nhunka
    • CaitlinBrunson