carrierose

Peter Thomas Roth De-Spot, safe while pregnant?

(0) Hearts

I cannot find ANY information on whether or not Peter Thomas Roth De-Spot is safe for use during pregnancy.
The questions asked on the product's page on whether or not this is safe have not been answered.

The product says it is used for pregnancy mask, which I do not have, but I am not sure if that is something people get before or after pregnancy.

I emailed Peter Thomas Roth directly on Friday and I haven't received a response back.

Anyway....I am 4 months pregnant and I would love to know, thanks!

http://www.sephora.com/de-spot-skin-brightening-corrector-P294406

connieconcon

Re: Peter Thomas Roth De-Spot, safe while pregnant?

Show your OB the list of ingredients.

From personal experience, the only thing my OB was strongly against was benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid. 

If the PTR product is not ok, Ole Henriksen says on their official website that their products are supposed to be pregnancy safe, and they have a product called "Enlighten Me" I had been using regularly.  I couldn't find information on the tetrahydrocurcuminoids but the other three active ingredients are ok..

I'm 17 weeks along and have cut back on Enlighten Me because my skin as become so much more sensitive, but I still use it once every few days.

carrierose

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the recommendation!

crayzeeRN

None of these ingredients are jumping out at me as being unsafe for pregnancy. To err on the side of caution, I would encourage you to take a list of the ingredients to your OB/GYN at your next appointment just to make sure!

carrierose

Thank you, I'll do that!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • connieconcon
    • carrierose
    • crayzeeRN