Kiki1517

PARABEN-FREE PRODUCTS

I'm 27 and after becoming a makeup hoarder and trying all kinds of different cosmetics, my skin started majorly freaking out. I thought it was hormonal acne or something, but after reading a thread on here a few months ago, I started getting rid of alot of makeup and finding paraben-free alternatives and my skin is 100 times better! I have been buying up Tarte products like crazy because their whole line is paraben free (and their packaging is so cute!) If anyone else steers away from these not-so-nice chemicals, what are your favorite paraben-free products? Oh and thank you Sephora for the "THIS PRODUCT IS FORMULATED WITHOUT" section on product pages!

beautylovingirl

Re: PARABEN-FREE PRODUCTS

(0) Hearts

I was just going to comment how beautiful your skin looks in your avatar picture.:smileyhappy:

melissa93

(0) Hearts

I use murad for my face :smileyhappy: paraben free, tarte, becca, and urban decay products for make up, kat von d, stila, and cover fx are paraben free as well. My current shampoo and conditioner are from the Berkeley Bowl and is organic and paraben and sulfate free. I love the Sephora shows you what products are paraben free. I do wish that more companies make more things paraben and sulfate free. It's hard finding these types of products! 

Kiki1517

[ Edited ]

Since it's super expensive, excited to try the Caudalie line with the 500 pt perk I just cashed in :smileyhappy:

swfupload_6299869320490059330.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/bi-500-pt-P221140?skuId=1519602

jellybean917

@valentinamia I second Caudalie! The Vinexpert Firming Serum has changed my life lol. Finding something that works for your skin is always worth the price. I've loved everything I tried from there, but I have to save up for more :-P

michmo

I've recently fallen in love with Dr. Jart Black Label Detox BB cream, which is Paraben Free.  I had a sample and really like how it feels.  

I also purchased Hourglass' Ambient Lighting Powder also paraben free, but it hasn't arrived yet.  

It's amazing how many products/companies are offering products WITHOUT all the stuff we don't want to put on our faces now.  It makes me happy.  

NYStephA

I'm a huge fan of Airelle.  Paraben and sulfate free!

Kiki1517

@lylysa I looove Boscia! Pretty much what my skincare routine consists of right now. I'm really liking the black moisturizing gel & cleanserl, but I do want to try the Dr. Jart+ waterinfuse gel before I commit :smileytongue: I went looking for it instore not realizing it is only sold online, so I went with Boscia instead.

@urbie It will be nice when more of the mainstream, popular brands take this step because I dislike not being able to use so many of the products that catch my eye. I recently did a chemistry report on parabens and although it's still controversial, I really do believe they are harmful just because of my own experience with my skin. 

Urbie

Many, many companies are starting to remove parabens from their products since there is some evidence that they are harmful to our health.  Origins, Ole Henriksen, and Tarte are my favorite companies for healthy, skin friendly products!

valentinamia

I am a major fan of the Caudalie line... Though it is on the more expensive side, everything is paraben-free!

lylysa

Boscia is a great line that is not just paraben free, but preservative free. There are a lot of other preservatives that can or are used in products, not just parabens, and Boscia formulates their products without any of it!

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

Thanks you guys! I think I tried a sample awhile back of the First Aid Beauty Cleanser and liked it, I will have to try it again once I'm done with my current cleanser. I'm using one from Trader Joes but not really a fan of the scent.

NYStephA

Airelle is my favorite natural anti-aging beauty line.  No parabens or artificial fragrances/chemicals and fabulous!

jennypenny1995

Not sure parabens are the root of ALL my troubles, but good thought!

melissabt

Hi Kiki517,

You might also find the natural tab:http://bit.ly/17jtBVU really helpful!:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
michmo

I'm another fan of First Aid Beauty products.  In addition to the cleanser mentioned below I highly recommend the Daily Face Cream, 5 in 1 Face Cream with SPF, and the Face Radiance Pads.  

They really are a great company to check out.  

laurabt

Hi Kiki1517, I love First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser.  The whole line is made for the most sensitive skin, so it is formulated WITHOUT a lot of things. The cleanser has a whipped texture that feels so soft on my skin, but still manages to remove all my makeup.  I use it day and night, and with my Clarisonic.  Definitely check it out!  :smileyhappy: -Laura

FAB cleanser.jpg

http://bit.ly/10WV4xJ

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 22 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • melissa93
    • melissabt
    • jennypenny1995
    • lylysa