Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Overnight masks for replenishing oily-dehydrated skin???

I would consider myself to have oily skin, but at the same time it feels SO dry and tight - with or without makeup! I think my skin is trying to compensate the lack of moisture with producing more oil? (Even though I drink plenty fluids throughout the day...). So, I thought maybe investing in an overnight mask in place of my night cream. I don't know if using an overnight mask every night will clog my pores, but I am out of ideas!!! Any advice/product recommendations are greatly appreciated! Thanks 🙂 

Re: Overnight masks for replenishing oily-dehydrated skin???

Hi @tongxiaowei,

I have oily skin and I love to use onvernight masks! 

One of my favorites is the Peter Thomas Roth Camu Camu C x 30™ Vitamin C Brightening Sleeping Mask. It leaves your skin hydrated in the morning and I saw that my skin was more even after using this. 

I also really like the Korres Greek Yoghurt Advanced Nourishing Sleeping Facial. This gives intense, long-term moisturization to create a smooth, even complexion.

I hope this helps! 

Beset Wishes,

Janean

I have two recommendations to fix what's ailing you in addition to the recs from greenchili below. 

First is Dr Jart's water fuse water-max sleeping facial. Its primary active ingredient is hyaluronic acid. Calling it a "sleeping mask" is just a marketing gimmick and sorta a misnomer here, IMHO. This product has a lovely light gel texture that melts into the skin. Perfect for dehydrated skin that is acne-prone!

second is Dr Jart's Ceramidin liquid. It has a deliciously light texture that nourishes the skin and feels like a hug, while repairing and reinforcing your skin barrier. It is light enough that it doesn't cause me acne but it is thicker than the water fuse sleeping mask. 

You could also consider Paula's Choice radiance sleeping mask. It is a lovely product that hydrates and helps in a gel texture. You can just use it as a moisturizer, not as "sleeping mask."

HTH!

@tongxiaowei

I have oily skin that is often dehydrated.  I don't care for overnight masks myself - half of it will be on your pillow.  I don't see the point.

Hyaluronic acid is great at adding and keeping moisture in your skin.

During the day, I might layer a hyaluronic serum underneath my moisturiser.  Hyalmide  (available at CVS) is great.

At night, you can do the same, or even layer an oil over a moisturiser with hyaluronic acid (or under a moisturiser....try it out).

That's a great thought! I will definitely have to try it out! Thank you 🙂

Is there more than one serum in the line? If so, which do you use/would you recommend?

@tongxiaowei

I have tried the Hylamide SubQ Antiage serum.  It is nice for hydration.

There are some mists like Pixi Hydrating Milky mist that contain hyaluronic acid as well.  Using it as a layer in your moisturising routine can help.

Dr. Deniss Gross has a new Hyaluronic cream product that has gotten good feedback.  If t were me though, I would not use it alone.  I would add a drop or two of oil mixed in.

At night an oil and moisturiser combination will provide both hydration and balance your skin.

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing