spiritualizes

Origins A Perfect World Toner vs. Lancome Alcohol-Free Toner

I'm trying to decide on which toner to purchase, if anyone has tried them, would you care to give me your opinion? I have combination skin with some very mild acne, like I mean a pimple here or there from time to time. I'm really looking for my skin to be hydrated well and not have it stripped from it instead. Thanks!

naturalmum

Re: Origins A Perfect World Toner vs. Lancome Alcohol-Free Toner

(0) Hearts

Hi!  I was wondering the same thing....did you end up trying both?  I would be interested in your recommendation :smileyhappy:

wiscoviking

(0) Hearts

Sheseido's alcohol free Hydro "Softener" (their toner), it's awesome for dry-combo skin that needs a little balancing, a little hydration, and a little love all with a gentle touch so as to not irritate skin. It has far fewer plant ingredients prone to irritating skin Origins is a nice natural route, but they do tend to overuse fragrant plant oils which can irritate skin and ultimately lead to more oil production and congested pores. Lancome's A/F toner is pretty decent, but as others have noted, it can be just a tick too clarifying. 

It sounds like you're doing well by your skin in general, so the toning step should be kept to just balancing skin pH and reinforcing the moisture barrier before your treatment and moisture steps, Shesiedo's Hydro or even Murad's essential C toner (similar approach with added benefit of a little vit-c goodness!! we could all stand to BLT--brighten, lighten, and tighten!)

Hope this helps!

ChicDabbler

I got a consultation at an Origins store.  I have dry combination so I want it hydrating but I also want it to help with acne. A Perfect World is more for dry, dry combo skin and have no effect on acne. Zero Oil toner is for acne but a bit more drying. United States is for skin with drastic dry, oily areas. So, he recommended Origins 95% Organics Purifying Toner. It made my skin super smooth without feeling drying/flaky or greasy/too hydrating, so that's what I use now.

elizbeth1972

(0) Hearts

I second beautytesters recommendation.  Though I have used the zero-oil in the past and I liked it but it can be a bit drying!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • wiscoviking
    • elizbeth1972
    • ChicDabbler
    • spiritualizes
    • naturalmum