cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

OILY-COMBINATION SKIN PRODUCT RECCOMENDATIONS PLEASE%3F%21

Hey everyone! 

So I'm in desperate need for some holy grail product recommendations of ALL kinds! Face washes, serums, moisturizers, masks, toners, ANYTHING YOU GOT! Plot twist: They need to be for oily/combination skin!

Thanks! 

Re: OILY-COMBINATION SKIN PRODUCT RECCOMENDATIONS PLEASE%3F%21

Hi @makeitnastia,

I have been loving the Lancome Tonique Pure Focus. This toner mattifies yet provides hydration to the skin. It reduces the amount of oil I produce and leaves my skin feeling clean and soft. 

I also really enjoy using the Estee Edit Pore Vanishing Stick. I use this before my primer and I feel that it's just a great product the blurs out my pores and helps give a more flawless finish before I do my makeup.

I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

I have combination skin, on the oily side during summer, and my favorites for the summer are:

- Makeup remover: Koh Gen Do cleansing water, Shu Uemura oil cleanser or Clinique Take the Day Off balm

- Cleanser: Peter Thomas Roth Anti-aging cleansing gel, Murad Essential+C cleansing gel, or Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser for combo skin

- Mask: Glamglow Supermud or Origins Charcoal

- Exfoliator: Dr. Brandt Poredermabrasion or Tatchan deep enzyme powder

- Toner: Lancome blue toner (alcohol-free one) or Origins United States

- Serum: Ole Henriksen Truth Serum, Drunk Elephant Framboos glycolic serum

- Eye: Clarins Eye Concentrate

- Moisturizer: Peter Thomas Roth cloud cream, or Tatcha water cream.

- SPF: Murad Essential C spf30

- primer: Hourglass Mineral veil

- blotting paper: Boscia or Tatcha

HOWEVER! Make sure to change/add one new product to your routine at a time. If you suddenly change all the products and your skin freaks out, you won't know if it's a bad product that spoils it all or a bad combo.

The Umbrian Clay Mattifying Face Exfoliant is a go-to of mine. This isn't for daily use of course (exfoliants are too harsh if used everyday) but using it 1-3 times a week definitely helps clear everything out and get rid of any dead skin cells.

I've also become a huge fan of Drunk Elephant over the last few months. If you have extremely sensitive skin, these may not be the best for you. Some of my favorites of theirs are the C-Firma Day Serum which is packed with Vitamin C and is great for every day use. Every night, I like using their TLC Framboos Glycolic Night Serum which contains 12% AHA/BHA. This night serum is AMAZING and especially helps refine pores, control oil, along with other awesome benefits. For weekly use, I'm obsessed with their TLC Sakuri Babyfacial which is a mask with a more concentrated amount of AHA (25% AHA, 2% BHA). I'm hoping to try more products from Drunk Elephant as soon as I can afford it, as they're a bit pricier.

I've also been meaning to try The Ordinary. I don't have as much information on them, but they have more affordable Drunk Elephant dupes. They're now on Beautylish also. They have an extensive amount of products from what I've seen and I plan on placing an order later this month 🙂

I also struggle with combination skin, so I hope this helped! I definitely have more holy grails. This was just a start and things I've tried in the last 6 months 🙂

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing