prettyinpa

Mosquito bites

The mosquitos are really bad around here this year with all the rain- do any of you gals (or guys) know of a good mosquito repellent?  I want to go on a kayaking trip tomorrow but dread getting eaten alive. If the repellent was of a less chemical kind, that would be great, but effectiveness is more important. I get huge lumpy red spots from the bites and don't want to use all my concealer trying to not look like I have a dread disease! :smileysad:

kd006

Re: Mosquito bites

I know my recommendation isn't for repelling mosquitoes, BUT if you do get a mosquito bite and your child (or you) can't quit scratching, there's this spray from bandaid that works SO well. It instantly stops the scratching no matter how big the bite is. It's in a clear bottle with a green and clear label and it looks like gel out of a spray bottle. I wish I could give you the exact name but I need to replace my bottle. I ran out last year and since this year has been so cold there haven't been too many mosquitoes!

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

The original Skin So Soft from Avon is a good mosquito repellent, and it smells nice.

DesertRose0706

The thing that workse best fro me is a 40% deet spray from Walmart.  But that has a lot of chemicals and is not safe to use on kids.

For a healthier alternative Avon's Skin So Soft works really well and is great for your skin!

jennypenny1995

If you're not moving around and just eating outside or sitting around, a ceiling fan or any type of fan that keeps the air moving dis awesome.  Flies, knats, and skeeters HATE blowing air.

prettyinpa

Ooh, boy, I'm definitely going shopping for all the various remedies you all have recommended. I think I already have tea tree oil left over from when the dog had a skin issue, so I'm set there. I plan to take all the repellents you recommend to make sure my trip is a happy one.

Thanks so much, you all rock!

1930sbella

Have a great time Kayaking, and may the mosquitoes stay away =).

beautylovingirl

My little boy is an instant magnet for these and we got the Off family care mosquito spray it's the smooth and dry one and we can spray him and they do not go anywhere near him. At night when we're sitting on our back patio I spray underneath and around the patio furniture and the back door and we can at least be outside 2 to 3 hrs before they come back around and sraying around the door keeps them from swarming the door when we're ready to go in.

crayzeeRN

Vanilla extract! No really. It works!

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

good to know!

laurabt

Hi Prettyinpa, I also get eaten alive by mosquitos, and my bites swell up and turn red too.  It's no fun.  I was just at an outdoor wedding near a river last weekend, & I used Off! Skintastic Family Care Insect Repellent Spray.  I only got one bite the entire weekend!  I was very happy.  :smileyhappy: -Laura

1930sbella

[ Edited ]

Tee tree oil is a good repellent.

nebel

I was going to say this.  Tea tree oil! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 23 hearts