DTalksAll

Moisturizer for the man in your life?

What do they like to use? 

My guys is rough around the edges, and doesn't really use product.

- He washes his face in the shower with a bar of soap

- Sometimes he'll use the PTR Blemish Buffing Beads on his face, but we use it as a body scrub

- Clinique M Shave Gel only because I got it for him a few years ago, and he like the close shave he gets. BUT... If I don't buy it for it when he's low, he'll pick up something cheap, he'll never go & get it on his own

- Lubriderm daily moisturizer (blue label) as his after shave moisturizer. 

I'd love to get him a moisturizer that's better than his Lubriderm, I just have no idea where to start LOL. 

When we travel, he'll use a moisturizer that's in my bag... Likes OH Sheer Transformation, doesn't like Boscia Black Gel (not a fan of the cooling effect). 

I'd say he's on the dry side of combo, gets breakouts here & there, razor burn/ingrown hairs... 

DTalksAll

Re: Moisturizer for the man in your life?

I bought the Anthony Logistics kit for him yesterday 

I've been wanting to try the cleanser, and the lip balm. I tested the lotion out in store, not too scented (it says fragrance free, but it has a lot of essential oils in it), lightweight, non greasy & moisturizing. 

I laughed when he tried it last night, he squeezed so much out! I told him he doesn't need that much, but apparently he's starting to get fed up with his dry skin & itchiness from growing a beard for movember. 

P.S. I think I like the lip balm better than Jack Black :smileytongue: 

lylysa

(0) Hearts

OMG, I LOVEEEEE the AL lip balm! I have the Blood Orange scent and I live for it! My bf is hooked on them too (same scent as me, he's not a mint person) and he's on his third tube. It was funny because last Christmas we took a trip back to his home town and I guess during the drive he had it stored in little holder on the side of his car door and it must have fell out while we got gas. Anywho, when we arrived and he discovered it was gone we had to instantly take a trip to the mall to get another one!

P.S. I'm a huge fan of the cleanser too! It's my nightly/regular face wash I've used and have gone through 3 bottles. When Sephora had a 3 oz as a birthday perk I took that instead of the Fresh lip set!

DTalksAll

I knew you were a fan of the cleanser, I always see you talking about it, so I figured I'd give it a try. I was going to get as a point perk on-line, but doubt I'm going to place an order & my store didn't have it as one of the options. 

I was wondering if you'd tried the lip balm. When we tried it last night, he put the Jack Black in the drawer, and left the AL on the night stand. I guess we have a new favorite :smileywink: 

lylysa

Whoohoo!!! I used to use the JB lip balm and was on my second or third tube when I started breaking out around my lips. For some reason, mint oil tends to do that to me now. In small doses or uses it's fine, but I guess my frequent use ended up bringing up a blemish! >.<

properlylost

My husband has combo/dry skin too and his routine is pretty simple. He uses the Clinique men's bar soap in the shower and their moisturizing gel when he gets out. It's helped him a lot with his dry skin especially in winter and his skin around his beard used to get flaky before he used it, but hardly happens anymore.

lylysa

I'd suggest checking into Nivea or Neutrogena first.

The Neutrogena one is more lotion like, while the Nivea is a touch thicker (but not too heavy, it does contain shea butter). My ex used the Neutrogena one and his skin was a touch sensitive and he was prone to ingrowns but loved how the Neutrogena one felt on his skin. My bf uses the Nivea one for day and night (even though it has SPF) and it doesn't leave him shiny, greasy, or sticky feeling.

I would start there before checking into higher end brands. The Nivea one is oil free but both are advertised as not clogging pores.

DTalksAll

Does it have an SPF consistency? He'll use my SPF in the summer or when we're on vacation, but doesn't like the texture for daily use. He prefers to use the PTR SPF brush over my SPF lotions due to texture. 

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Nope, no SPF consistency at all for either. My ex used the Neutrogena at night too after he finished shaving and like I mentioned before, my bf uses the Nivea no matter what time of day it is. Both of them don't have that sunscreen smell either.

vanillammm

The Mister goes through phases that last about a year per phase. When we first met he was using the Anthony Logistics skincare line (when I found out he bought his skincare at sephora I was shocked because he is definitely a "guys guy" - but I knew we had something in common, haha). Then he went through a LAB Series phase for a while. Last year he was all about the Nuetrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish exfoliating wash and the Origins Perfect World face lotion with spf 25. Currently he will only use the Aveeno skin brightening exfoliating scrub, and the Aveeno Positively Radiant face lotion with spf 15.

He is much better about using an spf face lotion that I am, and it shows. Over the last 7 years I have started to get little sun spots on my face and his skin is still an amazing tone, no spots or wrinkles in sight.

He uses the clarisonic mia a couple times a week, too. I didn't know he was using it until the battery was always dead when I would go to use it (I only use it once every couple weeks). Once he fessed up to using it, I went out and bought a second one so that there would always be one charged and ready to use when i wanted it. 

He uses Tend Skin and no longer has to deal with Razor bumps and burns. That stuff is great - for guys and ladies.

DTalksAll

Awww, I wish my guy was better with his skin. I'm starting to notice lines around his eyes, but there's NO WAY I'd be able to convince him to use an eye cream. When we get ready for bed he always says "chemicals" when I go through the steps of layering my products LOL. 

knadala

Aveeno brand; an assortment of choices for whatever his needs are and the brand isn't too feminine in packaging and smell.

grilledchz

(0) Hearts

Get him a set from the art of shaving. Mine uses their products and no longer gets irritation from shaving. He also likes the oil free moisturizer from Anthony logistics. He likes that it has sunscreen, so it's a one step product.

DTalksAll

He only uses moisturizer at night after shaving, never in the morning. 

mafan

BTW, there's a sample of this available right now if you want to check it out before buying and you're ordering something.

Spyski

My guy is a bit finicky when it comes to skincare. He doesn't require much and actually likes keeping his hands rough. I think it's the whole "I'm a fisherman, I don't need no "beauty products" attitude!" However, when he gets a bit burned by the sun he likes to use my Clinique Dramatically Different Gel, but insists I put it on him. lol

DTalksAll

Ha ha! He doesn't want to mess up his man hands, so you need to put moisturizer on for him. Classic! :smileywink: 

clarks18

(0) Hearts

It's probably not any better than the Lubriderm but my boyfriend is in love with the brand Every Man Jack.  He really like there shave gel, and aftershave lotion. They also have a regular facial moisturizer which I have to say is pretty nice.  I know because sometimes when I run out of mone I will reach for that one.  It smells nice but it's not overbearing.  They sell the Every Man Jack brand at Target. 

spoiledbrat

my sugar lips like Jack Black, FAB, Anthony Logistics? - the first two are his favorites and he has dry skin all year, worse in the winter - duh - he's a guys guy but he loves to exfoliate - i am getting a Clarisonic for the holidays :smileyhappy: It is amazing how quickly they transition from drug store brands to those at a significantly higher price point!  If only elf made stuff for guys :0

DTalksAll

if only elf made more...

beethousand

(0) Hearts

I have a lot of skin sensitivities, so my boyfriend mostly uses GWPs that I can't use. He's really enjoyed how basic and unfrilly Mario Badescu products are, and the Seaward Night Cream is a favorite. He also likes the Jack Black moisturizer. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 26 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • spoiledbrat
    • lylysa
    • mafan
    • properlylost
    • clarks18