cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Looking for a cooling face spray

Hello all! 

I'm on the hunt for a cooling face spray that I can use with/without makeup (so it doesn't necessarily have to be a makeup setting one, I already have one that I like for that purpose). I have moderate to severe rosacea so I am looking for something I can spritz on during the day when I'm getting a flare-up, after exercising, or just any point during the day I'm getting a little red that will give me a cooling sensation and that will actually help the problem a bit. I have used the Evian spray bottles, but I am wondering if there is something a little more 'medicated' if that's the word, that will help fix the problem besides just water. I also will be flying at least once a week for this next year, so I'm also looking for something I can spritz on during my flights to stay hydrated!

Thank you!

Re: Looking for a cooling face spray

I think someone already mentioned this, but mario badescu's rosewater is so amazing, both the rosewater and the cumber spray is also great. I would suggest going into a store and trying them both.

Mario badescu also has a rosewater spray, travel size and regular available.

@Shan1216 ...have you heard of herbivore before? they have an all-natural, super cooling (yet hydrating) rose hibiscus coconut water spray that i really like. it's supposed to help with redness too. it's very reasonably priced! 

http://www.sephora.com/rose-hibiscus-coconut-water-hydrating-face-mist-P400200?skuId=1754647&icid2=p...

Hi, @Shan1216 - I fly frequently as well, and have always loved Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist. I will caution you that it's packaged in a heavy glass bottle, so it's best to keep the full size for at home use as it can be a bit unwieldy to carry around in a purse. Happily, they make a 30ml and 50ml travel size, and the bottles are refillable to boot. This spritzes as such an extremely fine mist - much more fine than any other sprays I've come across which means that I never run the risk of smudging makeup. I find myself reaching for this gorgeous smelling spray anytime - while traveling, as a pick me up, and at the start and end of each day. The scent is delicate enough that it isn't overbearing, and the ingredients (orange flower water, rosewater, sage water, and apple pectin) do a great job at calming and refreshing skin while the pectin helps hydrate and plump. I've bought it over and over, and while I have had other sprays like Avene, Caudalie, and Evian, none quite compare. For an added bonus, the glass bottle could be chilled in the fridge for an extra-refreshing spritz!

Honorable Mentions: 

Bloom and Blossom Rejuvenating Facial Mist: This has such a lovely green, fresh herbal scent, but the mist isn't quite as fine as the Omorovicza. However, this is not a major issue for the Bloom and Blossom Revitalizing Leg and Foot Spray. I always travel with this - so refreshing after a long day!

Hi Shan1216,

Based on your needs, I think you would like both the Boscia Balancing Facial Tonic, which contains soothing lavender water, and the Fresh Rose Floral Water, with calming rose. Both will help with hydration and keeping your skin cool and calm. You can also use both either with makeup or without.

I hope that helps!

-Stephanie

I second the Fresh Rose. If you can, keep it in the fridge!

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing