chickadee8

Keratosis Pilaris or Body Acne? Product that helps both?

(0) Hearts

I just learned about keratosis pilaris and can't help wondering if what I considered acne on my arms, shoulders and stomach is actually keratosis pilaris because even when I used acne body wash it never helped. Can anyone give me some products that might help. The bumps I have are 'pop-able' and sometimes discharge a little pus when I stupidly pop them and some have scarred.

I'm thinking about just trying some the KP products but if this really doesn't sound like keratosis pilaris then I don't want to waste my money because can't afford a dermatologist appointment.

Please any information or product recommendation is helpful. Thanks.

z4lady

Re: Keratosis Pilaris or Body Acne? Product that helps both?

(0) Hearts

keratosis usually are not 'pop able", Amlactin lotion is good for keratosis but this doesn't sound it.  Try asking a Pharmacist when they're are not too busy with customers.

stephlemke

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi there! I recently stumbled across KP Duty Body Scrub.. http://www.sephora.com/kp-duty-body-scrub-P147925?om_mmc=Googlepla,_requestid=42976,cm_mmc=us_search... and it has transformed my skin! I suffered from minor keratosis pilaris (or at least that's what I believe it was... Sounded just like what you're describing, but I never saw a doctor for it) on the back of my legs and arms, as well as some minor acne on my shoulders. I have been using this for a few weeks now, and all of these issues have cleared up. I highly reccommend giving it a shot! Hope this helps!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Even if you don't want to go to a dermatologist you still need to at least make an appointment with your family doctor especially if your not sure of the cause. It could be acne, folliculitis, or Keratosis Pilaris. Nothing will help until you get the correct diagnosis. Hope this helps!

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • beautylovingirl
    • chickadee8
    • stephlemke
    • z4lady