onomotopoeia9

Is powder sunblock too good to be true?

(0) Hearts

I was never especially fond of the smell and feel of sunblock as a kid, and I find it even more of a pain now that I wear makeup. I feel like it messes with my makeup and I cannot reapply it.

I found out about powder sunblock recently and was wondering if it really works???

I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks!

melissabt

Re: Is powder sunblock too good to be true?

(0) Hearts

Yay!:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

Thanks!!! I think I'll get it.

melissabt

Hi Onomotopoeia9,

I do agree that the PTR SPF powder is truly a great product to use over make up. Like Drrragon said, I usually try to use my own brush at home first and then use the other one for touch-ups. I like to spray it with some brush cleaner once in a while to keep it clean!

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Daily Brush Cleaner

http://www.sephora.com/daily-brush-cleaner-P208011?skuId=1069947

<3 Melissa
DTalksAll

I've been repurchasing the PTR powder brush for years. It really does work & doesn't disrupt makeup. 

drrragon

Yes, it really works. :smileyvery-happy:  I hate the brushes it normally comes with though, so you might try applying with your own favorite powder brush (some of them actually open up so you can pour the powder into another container).

I wouldn't rely on them as your ONLY sunscreen, but I do think they are great to have around to touchup during the day.  The reason being for sunscreen to reach its full effectivenes and actually reach the SPF on the label, you need to apply a pretty large amount.  Just a thin layer (which is normally how we powder our faces) won't get you the full SPF.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • melissabt
    • drrragon
    • onomotopoeia9