fatimamummy

In Desperate need of help,,,,,,Face and Body,,,Is it same person?

[ Edited ]

Hi,,,,I need help with choosing foundation shade, as due to long sickness the color of my face has become a few shades darker than rest of my body,,,,so what is the best option to minimize this difference?

badgerpaws

Re: In Desperate need of help,,,,,,Face and Body,,,Is it same person?

You should be fine if you match to your neck and chest. I'm the opposite, my neck/chest/body is tanner than my face, so when I first put on my makeup, my boyfriend laughs at me because he thinks it looks like I'm trying to change my ethnicity. But when it's dry and I have the rest of my face on, it looks natural. 

If I match to my face skin, I look like a redhead geisha. 

dont let the other mom make you feel uncomfortable, ever. It may just be a weird alpha-mom power play. 

fatimamummy

(0) Hearts

thanks badgerpaws,,,,that's what my hubby also said about her when I told him about her comments... :smileyhappy:

ivyxox

Then I would recommend you getting a shades that matches your neck. Or you can get a shade that is darker than your neck and lighter than your face ( Basically what coloriq does), but you have to use foundation on both your face and neck.

fatimamummy

(0) Hearts

Thanks ivyxox, I think getting a shade in between is a better idea, because matching neck can make my fave look ghostly :smileyvery-happy:

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

Glad I can help. When you get a chance, you should go to store and get matched by color IQ :smileyhappy: In the meantime, I think brightening serum might be helpful for you too.

andyhtrieu

My face is a bit darker than my neck, because I never wore sunscreen until the end of 2013. My body tends to lose its natural tan during fall/winter, but my face stays the same shade. To make my neck match my face, all I did was use a little bit of self tanner on my neck every other day. I'm surprised that it actually worked because my neck was really pale compared to my face. I just used a drugstore self tanner from Neutrogena. It's called Build-a-Tan. 

fatimamummy

(0) Hearts

Thanks Andy but I don't want to tan myself.I want to get my actual color back :smileysad: since it is a long term process acording to my doctor so I like ivyxox's idea of middle shade till than,,,,,, have you ever tried a shade lighter than face????

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

I have tried a shade lighter and it makes me look really pasty. It's was kinda hard to use bronzer to warm up my skin. The Neutrogena self tanner isn't complicated like St Tropez or anything. You just put it on after you shower and you're done! It doesn't require gloves or anything. It's really fast and easy. Just remember to wash your hands with soap afterwards. 

And I agree with ivyxox's suggestion of getting an in between shade! :smileyhappy:

DiVWA

Wow. I'm glad you're on the way to recovery. I'm curious to see what others will suggest. My face is naturally darker than my neck and rest of body but I don't think the difference is as much as yours. I once had my face foundation matched to my neck and I felt like a ghost whenever I wore it. Some people wear foundation down on their neck to resolve this problem but I can't stand to do this, but you may find that this works for you. Other people use self-tanner on the neck and shoulders; I've done this before and it works somewhat okay, at least where there's not a huge and noticeable difference from my face. Another trick I do is put matte bronzer on my neck, but this can be hard to pull off because it can look muddy or unnatural. I have some dark spotting here and there on my neck from sun exposure too, so that combined with the white parts looks pretty bad to me.

I just watched Wayne Goss video and he says that everything should match. I guess that means either putting makeup all over or going way lighter on the face. I really like him and love his video but I wonder how much experience he has dealing with this issue.

It's too bad that people ask you about this--seems a bit or insensitive to me.

fatimamummy

Yeh....like a couple of days ago mom of my daughter's friend was having a chat with me and all of a sudden she said....look at ur neck and arms and hands these are way too lighter than your face , what happened to the color of ur face,is it due to all these medicines you r using :smileysad:  I said well I don't know but I'm happy medicines are helping me get better....this type of comments make me self conscious.

DiVWA

I'm not sure why people are so insensitive. Maybe it makes them feel better about themselves and their own beauty flaws. I hope you find a solution that works for you soon.

fatimamummy

I satisfied myself by thinking she might be a little jealous as besides color( which is NC37 currently not bad huh) I do have glowing skin and I'm almost 1/2 foot tall and 20 yrs younger than her :smileywink: I know its mean but I didn't said it to her but just thought it in my head to cool down myself :smileyvery-happy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 12 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • ivyxox
    • fatimamummy
    • badgerpaws
    • DiVWA
    • andyhtrieu