Hydration and complexion

carolang

Hydration and complexion

[ Edited ]

I came across this picture on Pinterest (hopefully it will show at a decent size) and it really resonated with me. I have a tough time staying hydrated due to my line of work which prevents me from drinking anything before and during whatever portion of the day I am working (cannot leave the OR until case is over, cannot eat or drink). My skin has been looking rather drab and I am wondering if anyone had some insight into this. I'm trying to make it a goal to drink 4 glasses of water later in the day and on the days I am not working but it is not going so well. Has anyone noticed a huge difference in their skin based on their water consumption?

water.jpg

(note difference in lighting and softness so difficult to direct compare, likely retouched to some extent as well)

shortstuff07

Re: Hydration and complexion

(0) Hearts

Water makes a huge difference in my skin!  I've been filling up a 32oz water bottle twice a day with Propel berry drink packets, we have heavily chlorinated water and it tastes awful, and I find I actually am getting at least a gallon of water in a day!  I feel healthier and my skin does seem to play nicer.  :smileyhappy:

crayzeeRN

Wow... that is a seriously dramatic difference. She looks so much healthier! This might provide me with the motivation to actually start drinking more water!

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

Water pretty much makes everything better. I know that when I drink more water, I am more awake and active, and alao more focused. And my skin does react when I don't get enough water. I definitely think that more water will help your skin - one tip I can give is to always carry a water bottle around, that way you are more likely to drink it. I know that sometimes big waterbottles can be a pain, so if it in inconvenient, just use one of those baby water bottles meant for on the go. Just realize that there will be no immediate results, it could take up to 3 months to see significant results 

jellybean917

(0) Hearts

My body is just all around better when I drink more water. I used to not drink any water at all - only Diet Coke. I started to drink more water, and my skin definitely improved, plus I felt better physically too. 

I hate when I'm in the middle of something in the lab and can't get to my water. I hope you can figure out a way to get more water! Maybe when you're eating, you could try to eat a few extra water-rich fruits and vegetables? I'm not sure how much that would contribute, but it certainly wouldn't hurt!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 17 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • jxw200
    • aviscardi
    • melissabt
    • lilyyy
    • lylysa