ChicDabbler

How do you exfoliate?

There are soo many types of exfoliation and so many fancy terms out there. What's your preferred method?

Face: chemical (peel), physical (scrubs) or combination of both?

Body: scrubs (sugar, salt, shells), exfoliating towels, or dry brushing?

Why?

Londonlover101

Re: How do you exfoliate?

Personally I never use chemical peels as they can seriously damage and age skin but scrubs are a totes yes! they remove dead skin cells and leave skin feeling soft and fresh but make sure that you moisturize immediately after or the new skin will dry out! I love clean and clear's morning burst scrub for my face and bath and body works aromatherapy scrub for my body.

tashalicious

i recently purchased the Sephora Exfoliating face/body Mitt, leaves my skin feeling soft and looking brand new, sometimes chemical exfoliation is too harsh on my sensitive skin. As for my body i use a homemade sugar scrub on my knees and elbows only.

invisiblebike

[ Edited ]

I haven't! Which is a problem. I have dry skin, and I think the dead skin buildup is only making it worse -- it's blocking a few pores, I have small bumps and pimples, I have flaking skin in certain parts (maybe even minor dermatitis). I think proper exfoliation will maybe fix these problems. I've done some investigating and plan on buying Koh Gen Do's Gommage Spa Gel. I've read that it's great for sensitive skin AND rosacea (I have both these skin concerns) -- it reduces irritation and redness. It's also completely free of scrubbing particles, which I imagine might irritate my sensitive skin.

I'll let you know how I like it. I'll probably only use it once a week. It's probably not a good idea to use a scrub more than 2-3 times a week if you use sensitive skin.

Kiki1517

[ Edited ]

Face: I've only ever done physical scrubs but I'm sampling Caudalie Enzymatic Peel and Korres Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial (does that count?). I think I still like physical ones though.

Body: Scrubs. My fave is Tree Hut Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub. So yummy!

0007537100303_500X500.jpg

ellevee09

(0) Hearts

I use the exact same one but in Almond Honey!!! Omg it's the best! got my SIL hooked on it too! It smells so good!!! I recently purchased soap and glory - Flake away body polish. Can't wait to try it! :smileyhappy: 

http://www.sephora.com/flake-away-body-polish-P294727?skuId=1368679

dolceloure

The coconut lime is my favorite!! The first time I bought this I wanted to scoop out a handful and eat it, lol. 

wendyomgwar

I've been hearing so much about this recently! And its reasonably priced too, I can't buy it until I use up all of my other exfoliators though, here's to motivation lol.

Kiki1517

They smell so good! Sometimes I think I use too much just too keep smelling the scent lol. Not expensive at all either.

wendyomgwar

You guys are seriously making me want to buy it now! Lol

Enablers :smileywink:

melissabt

(0) Hearts

I like chemical peels. If I do use a manual exfoliator, I make sure the granuals are really fine. I like to use some of exfoliator at least 3x a week.

<3 Melissa
Spyski

YESSSSSSSSS! I love Tree Hut body scrubs! I've been hooked on this one and the Hawaiian Kukui scent (which is my favorite). 

Kiki1517

I will try that one next time :smileyhappy: I bought the 3pack on Amazon so I still have 1.5 jars left.

Spyski

(0) Hearts

Didn't know Amazon carried a 3-pack! Thanks for enabling sharing :smileyvery-happy:

Kiki1517

Hahaha anytime! And they are only $16. Dunno how much they are single elsewhere...

Spyski

(0) Hearts

They are $7 something at my local Ulta and usually out of stock, so that really is a good price for the same ounces!

dolceloure

For face, I like doing peels 1-2x a week. I was using Kate Somerville Exfolikate for a while and loved it, but it's kind of pricey, so I switched to Olay Regenerist peel. Love the lasting effects they've both had on my skin!

For the rest of my body, I use sugar scrubs. Right now I'm using a tub of scrub from Tree Hut. I also sometimes get the ones from Bath & Body Works b/c I love the scents. 

LCResz

Face: physical, loving Origins Modern Friction as of late. It is gentle but does a very effective job of getting everything off my face. 

Body: sugar, I find salt scrubs way too drying. My current sugar scrub from Pacifica leaves me vey moisturized.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 37 replies
  • 44 hearts
  • 22 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • cherrybombtastic
    • wendyomgwar
    • melissabt
    • ChicDabbler
    • dolceloure