Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Help! flu playing havoc with my skin

So as the seasons change my skin always throws a wobbly, to make it worse now I have flu! My lips are dry and cracked despite using a thick layer of FAB lip therapy 4 or 5 times a day, my nose is raw from wiping and my skin is so dry. I feel bad enough cause I can't hear, breath etc... but the feeling of crud all over my fave is the worst. Any ideas for recovery products? Skin softening masks etc? 

Re: Help! flu playing havoc with my skin

Hi @CheerMomma,

Being sick is never fun, especially the effects it as on your skin. Have you tried FAB's Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration? This moisturizer can be used head to toe, and is great for sensitive skin. The colloidal oatmeal will soothe irritated skin and shea butter will add an intense amount of moisture.

I also like to use argan oil to address dry spots. You can either add a drop or two to your regular moisturizer, or you can apply it directly to the skin. Try Josie Maran's 100 percent Pure Argan Oil. It's definitely worth checking out. I hope this helps and that you feel better soon!

Cheers!
Nikko

@NikkoBT Thank you

I second the argan oil! I just had a nasty cold and it really helped. Also, not really effective skincare but nice: hydrogel eye patches kept in the fridge really helped me feel less dry and puffy.  

I'm sorry you're not feeling well @CheerMomma! Hope you start feeling better soon 🙂

Honestly a little tub of Vaseline is going to be your best friend right now. It will really heal your lips and nose.

Thanks @Mcakes! I am slathering it on. Feels awful but what can you do lol 

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing