lb1414

Has anyone tried the origins ginzing eye cream?

I'm thinking about getting the Origins Skincare Must Haves and was wondering if anyone has tried the eye cream in the set. I have severe dark circles and nothing seems to diminish or cover them. Any thoughts? The set seems like a pretty good deal considering both the moisturizer and eye cream are full size.

Pomme567z

Re: Has anyone tried the origins ginzing eye cream?

(0) Hearts

It does brighten up the area and it is a best seller according to Allure. I use it and find it good. Just remember to dab the cream on and not rub. 

shapeshifter

(0) Hearts

I will agree with the "it's ok" opinion. It's really not going to do much, it's an ok light moisturizer.

DST57

I got it as a 100 point perk and thought it was just ok. I only used it in the morning bc I didn't feel that it was hydrating enough to be a good eye cream, but that it did a good job with what people mention below (highlighting, lightening slightly, moisturizing, etc). It did sink in pretty quickly, so it was good to use under concealer. Didn't end up buying the full size.

melissabt

Hi lb1414,

I've tried it before! It actually more of a highlighter type of product (it has a pink sheen) and it helps with dark circles. It will be great over or underneath a concealer.

<3 Melissa
aviscardi

It does not cover at all but it will brighten under, it has light reflective bits. I use it under my concealer because it is lightweight. Depending on your needs you may be able to use SB under eye primer . it has the same brightness but helps keep the concealer on. I have fine lines and dryness under so i use both

knadala

I had a deluxe sample which lasted me two weeks and after using it I would give it an 8 out of 10. It wasn't irritating to my eye area (some eye creams are surprisingly painful and sting my eye), it didn't have a bad smell, and the application was sticky or heavy.

I noticed my eyes felt more refreshed and dark circles were less prominent, but I wouldn't say it was the best eye cream I ever had. I still like Clinique and Algenist better for eye creams.

BeautyJunkie325

I got a sample of it last year when I went in looking for a new eye cream.  I didn't really see any kind of difference in my dark circles. 

pastelflower

I traded 100 points for a mini and I don't like it. It doesn't do anything for discoloration and it's not even very moisturizing. It has a bright sheen to it and if I use too much, it looks like I over highlighted my eyes. I really wouldn't recommend it.

mberteig

I tried it and didn't care for it.  I like Fresh Lotus Eye Gel and the Algenist Lifting and Firming Eye Gel much better.

person11

I have this eye cream, along with dark circles and puffiness.  At least once a week a coworker will ask me if I'm sick, if that tells you anything.  If you have severe dark circles, I wouldn't count on it doing anything for you.  The price isn't bad though.  It does moisturize pretty well under makeup.  

DesertRose0706

i have this eye cream and i really like it as my morning eye cream (i prefer a thicker, more hydarting eye cream at night). I find that it helps reduce my dark circles both because of the ingredients which actually seem to reduce the darkness and because of the illuminizing effect which helps mask the darkness.  It doesnt have a drastic effect (i dont think any eye cream really could) but I do notice a difference when I use it.  Its also light enough that it doesnt cause my undereye makeup to crease or get cakey. I hope this helps!

bratknits

My sister swears by it but I think it's just OK.  It's very sparkly, I have to be careful to put on the tiniest amount or I look like I'm going to a rave.  It's better under makeup than alone for sure.

roxystar4

I have a unused tub under my bed. I used part of a travel size and then gave the rest to my sister. It wasnt very impressive to me (didnt hydrate enough). But if you dont have dark circles (I do), maybe try it and if you dont like it, you can return it

jellybean917

It helps with dark circles a little bit. A little goes a long way, and the cream sort of brightens the undereye area. A lot of people do like this cream, but my eye area is on the dry side. It just doesn't do quite enough for me personally in terms of moisture.

I hope my experience helps!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 18 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • lb1414
    • mberteig
    • aviscardi
    • melissabt
    • roxystar4