honeybee22

Good body washes for dry, sensitive, eczema-prone skin?

(0) Hearts

I have dry, sensitive skin, but I still want to use a body wash that smells good (i.e., isn't unscented). Is this even possible? If you have skin like mine, what body washes do you like? Thanks!

hshoo

Re: Good body washes for dry, sensitive, eczema-prone skin?

Once in a while (usually in the winter), my skin gets really dry as well. Sometimes the excessive dryness can cause red/itchy bumps and very sensitive. It sucks! I always use Aveeno washes when this happens, because most of their products are specifically formulated for sensitive skin, so I know they will never further irritate my skin. Try a wash from Aveeno's "Positively Nourishing" collection.

My favorite is the Positively Nourishing- Calming body wash, which contains lavender, chamomile, ylang ylang, and other soothing properties for when my skin is extra sensitive. Smells like lavender.

I also really like Aveeno's Positively Nourishing- Hydrating body wash when my skin is less sensitive/irritated, but still just as dry. It contains shea butter, which is very moisturizing, and smells like figs. Yum!

latinadiva

Re: Good body washes for dry, sensitive, eczema-prone skin?

Second all of this! Down to the fact that my skin also gets so itchy and develops red bumps that almost look like hives. Aveeno is the online line that I have found that actually has really good hydrating body washes that have a great smell. The only comparable line is Dove, but of course I can't recall the name of the one I have used for the life of me. But if your skin is insanely dry, I would go Aveeno.

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • latinadiva
    • honeybee22
    • hshoo