Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Glamgow

I burned my skin with Glamglow mask. Can someone recommend any product which can fix my extremely red skin?

I third the PTR cucumber mask (the green one)

I third the PTR cucumber mask (the green one)
Anonymous Insider

I also recommend the Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Detox Mas...

I also recommend the Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Detox Mask. You can use it for an hour or two and rinse it off. You might also want to try using the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask.
Anonymous Insider

I am new to this so I replied to the wrong page However w...

I am new to this so I replied to the wrong page However what I posted was to try the Peter Thomas Roth green mask. Cant remember the actual name of it but you'll see it under his products. Use it as a night mask. By morning it should help dramatically. Ive had really inflamed and painful irritation before and this is the one product that helped without further irritation. Hope that helps. Good luck.

Re: Glamgow

@uvah - I'm so sorry to hear that! Which mask was it? I love my Youthmud Tinglexfoliate (black jar), so I bought a jar of the amazingly anise-scented Supermud (white jar), and had a very similar reaction! My skin gets seriously red/inflamed, even hot feeling if I slather it on as a mask, yet it seems to work brilliantly for me as a spot treatment. Odd.

I learned from another cleansing disaster years ago that it's good to have a super-gentle cleanser on hand for emergencies, and also a good moisturizer. My go-to damage control cleanser is Cellceuticals Extremely Gentle Skin Cleanser. It seriously does what it says on the bottle - doesn't get too foamy, doesn't over-dry/tighten skin, doesn't have harsh fragrances. I use it until my skin returns to normal. If you can't find that, Fresh Soy Cleanser is very gentle and contains soothing cucumber. Also, it's important not to exfoliate so you don't aggravate your skin even more (or if you must, do so in a very gentle way like with a muslin cloth), and refrain from over-drying your skin with super hot water when cleansing/showering. Lastly, you'll want to follow up with a good moisturizer. Something that will soothe and plump your skin, but not so thick that it clogs pores. In the past I've had good results with La Mer Soft Cream and Lancer the Method: Nourish, but any gentle cream for sensitive skin should help.

If it's really severe where most serum/cream hurts when you apply, then go back to basic with only a gentle basic cleanser and moisturizer (I prefer facial oil such as Boscia Tsubaki for the days when even water hurts).

If your skin no longer hurts but it's still alittle sensitive and red, then look for products with calming ingredients such as aloe vera, shea butter, cucumber or oats. My personal favorite is First Aid Beauty Oatmeal mask. It's my savior on days when my cheeks are red and irritated and windchapped from harsh winter wind and dry indoor heat.

@uvah

Hi uvah,

I suggest that you stop any exfoliation during this period. Use a gentle cleanser and moisturize your skin well. Also wear sunscreen during the day to prevent any further damage.

I find cucumber mask and aloe vera mask to help soothe irritations and redness. Granted, these masks will not reduce redness just after one use but I find them to be helpful when I overdo exfoliation. 

Anonymous Insider

I've had products do this to me as well and the only thin...

I've had products do this to me as well and the only thing that's worked to help calm my horribly red and inflamed skin is the Peter Thomas Roth green mask. I can't remember the actual name of it. sorry I just have horrible memory but if you look at his brand page you'll see it. I use it as an overnight mask and by morning my skin is way way way better. Hope that helps.
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing