etscore1

Getting rid of puffy under eyes

For as long as I can remember I've had puffy under eyes. I don't really have issues with dark circles as much as general puffiness.

I know it doesn't help that I tend to pound water right before I go to sleep - something I've been doing since I was very little. So I'm willing to accept what that creates but would love any ideas or products that can quickly eliminate under eye puffiness and tighten that skin back up. 

ballerinagrl

Re: Getting rid of puffy under eyes

(0) Hearts

I used to have puffy under eyes, but recently started using Sunday Riley's Start Over Active Eye Cream. On the positive side it de-puffs your eyes in two minutes, however, when you first start using it, it really makes your eyes water, and you need to be real careful with application so none goes near your eye.

wolfebet

[ Edited ]

I definitely share the same problem.  I did a lot of research for clinical studies and found a product that works wonderful - Arnica Montana.   The study for arnica Montana was done by the Medical Center at University of Maryland.

Here's the link if you want to check it out  offer.splashtoolbox(dot)com/5dmn4  

etscore1

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Interesting... I may have to check this out!

I haven't gotten around to buying another roller, but I did dig out my Garnier one, which is really unimpressive. I even tried throwing it in the freezer, and didn't have any better luck - in fact it was really difficult to get any product to come out after it had been in there.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

If you use up all the serum, maybe keep the rollerball just around to use with other eye products and give the undereyes a massage.

etscore1

(0) Hearts

I totally used to do this with the OH Vitamin C eye cream, but my skin/eyes are too sensitive to be putting that product any closer than my orbital bone. :smileysad: 

I really need to find the right eye cream that I can use in that area.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Be sure you're product placement is proper, eye products should be used primarily just on the orbital bone, if you're applying eye products past where you can feel your eye socket (to where it's getting closer to your lash line), you may be in risky territory.

etscore1

(0) Hearts

Yeah, that's what I was implying - but at the same time, that's where the bags form and where I use the roller. If I'm going to use the roller to apply an eye cream, it would be nice to have something that can be massaged into that area otherwise I'm resigned to just using it to massage the area with no product.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

The massage can still help promote drainage if the puffiness stems from any sort of fluid retention. Try to pat and apply the eye cream/product first, let it sink in a bit then massage so the roller glides smoothly still and won't tug or catch on skin but won't be moving around too much product at the surface to areas that may irritate your eye.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Hi, Wolfebet!

You may want to post the name of the website or story as Beauty Talk doesn't allow for outside links and Moderators will have it removed.

You can even post a screen shot of the study if you like.

Just want to be sure if your link disappeared you weren't left scratching your head. :smileyhappy:

wolfebet

Thanks Lylysa - appreciate it

sonofmanjesus

Glamglow pods work really well and you can usually find them at TJMaxx or other like outlets for a lot less. Go in and ask a Sephora SA for a sample of them. They should give you a pod to try. 

mafan

Try a depuffing roller, too. I have the Clinique one and I'm impressed at the difference it makes.  I don't use it every day, but some days my eyes are very puffy.  (This is usually due to lack of sleep/too much sleep combined with cats.  I have two cats even though I'm allergic, and one has decided recently that he likes to come in the middle of the night and sleep on my pillow with me.)  If my eyes are really puffy when I look in the mirror I put it on first thing.  By the time I've showered, etc and I'm ready to wash my face I can notice a difference.  Then I'll use a regular eye cream for other things (like needing moisture and addressing fine lines).

etscore1

I bought the Garnier one a while back but I don't love it. I might have to check out the Clinique one or the ones Lylysa recommended. 

I really like the idea of them. 

etscore1

I'm so impatient! Ha! I think starting with moving it out to the orbital bone and working from there, plus applying it earlier so it has time to absorb before I lay down is a great place to start.

I just need to start training myself to use the Vitamin C cream in the morning (which I keep forgetting to do!) and find the right night cream to use until I can get a sample of the OH one.

comeoneileen88

My eyes sometimes get very puffy during allergy season and also when I haven't gotten enough sleep. The best product I've found for it is the Mary Kay Indulge Soothing Eye Gel.  I will put it on first thing in the morning when I wake up and it feels soooo nice!   

kevinbt

Hi etscore1! Have you tried the Sephora Collection Instant Depuffing Masks yet? :smileyhappy:  They do a pretty good job and the price point is awesome! Pro tip- throw these in the fridge before you go to bed to help speed up the depuffing process the next morning! 

Cheers! 

Kevin 

etscore1

Thanks Kevin! How long do these take? Unfortunately I don't have tons of time in the morning but if it's something quick I would definitely be up to try! 

kevinbt

You're welcome! Only about 10 minutes! :smileyhappy: If I were you, I would just get them out of the fridge and just rest in bed for the 10 minutes and relax.  Sounds like a good way to start the day to me! haha 

etscore1

Very true... though for me, total coin flip what that 10 minutes may turn into! But at least I wouldn't look tired if I had to run out the door in 2 minutes!

kevinbt

Yeah I think 10 minutes might turn into at least 30 haha And then falling back asleep and being late for work. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 36 replies
  • 53 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • mafan
    • wolfebet
    • kevinbt
    • sonofmanjesus
    • etscore1