calicandee

Face oils under the eyes? Face lotion under the eyes?

I was told I could use my face oils under my eyes is that true??? I use the Fresh one and the Tarte one. Also, could I use my face cream (Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream With Super 7 Complex) for the under eye area as well?

I really like multitasking products so if I can use my face oils (or lotion) to hydrate my under eye area that would be great! 

lovelykatya

Re: Face oils under the eyes? Face lotion under the eyes?

(0) Hearts

I have been using my Josie Maran Argan oil under my eye area for over 2 months now.., and i do really like it.

my under eye area feels really hydrated and soft. What i normally do as my night routine is apply Argan oil on my face (2-3 drops) and what ever is left on my fingers i apply under the eye area.

I also did hear that Tarte oil is also ok under the eyearea.

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

They should be fine under the eye. The thing is that the skin around eye area is more delicate, so eye creams generally sinks in better than non-eye cream (just like how you can use a body lotion on your face, but it's not quite the same as using a facial moisturizer).

If you are planning to get close to the lashline or use on the lid, I would recommend an oil/cream without active ingredients like retinol or fragrance and such (preferably pure, or with pronounciable names etc) just because how sensitive those areas are.

dianabt

Hello calicandee, 

Using a face oil should not be a problem, try not to use TOO much as products applied under the lower part of the eye tend to work their way up throughout the day.

While I think oils are fine, sometimes face creams and moisturizers can be a bit too heavy so try to stick with creams just made for the eye area :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • lovelykatya
    • dianabt
    • calicandee
    • ChicDabbler