BabyD0LL1982

Eczema and hyperpigmentation

(0) Hearts

Hi everyone. Maybe some of you might have some good tips for me. I am slowly recovering from weeping eczema on my arms and both legs. Although I'm glad it is starting to heal, it is leaving my skin very pigmented where it is healing. I am getting married in july and I really want to have the marks faded by then. everyone is suggesting gloves but its a summer wedding. Im very self conscious of my skins condition. It used to look like I had a flesh eating disease! Now they look like burn marks. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. All natural the better. <3

mafan

Re: Eczema and hyperpigmentation

(0) Hearts

You might look into something like a tattoo concealer as the time gets closer. Others will have to tell you whether that would agrivate the excema. I would veto the gloves. They would look out of place in almost any wedding and definitely a summer one, and would draw more attention than the hyperpigmention. Being naturally who you are will work better, and take photos that draw away from your arms. 

I do agree it's going to be more noticeable to you than anyone else. Good luck with it (and thank goodness it is no longer weeping. That sounds exceedingly painful.)

BabyD0LL1982

(0) Hearts

Thanks mafan. I did see a tattoo cover up kit at the bridal shop. I will talk with my make-up artist.

ladymeag

Honestly, there's nothing that will make these lighter but time. I'm sorry to say that mine and my spouse's both take about a year to recover from the hyperpigmentation of healed eczema. Sunscreen, gentle exfoliation, and keeping moisturized is kind of all you can do. I wear a lot of lightweight long sleeves, I've worn gloves - but honestly, other people don't notice it as much as you do. 

BabyD0LL1982

(0) Hearts

thanks ladymeag. the patches are so big and itch and still bumpy. drives me bananas!

ladymeag

I know that (itchy) feeling! Hang in there and don't scratch them too much! :smileyhappy: 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • mafan
    • ladymeag
    • BabyD0LL1982