lorenachvz

EMERGENCY SKIN ADVICE

I over processed my face with a skin product because I left it on for quite some time and now I have redness and an uneven skin tone? What products will help me get my normal skin tone back?

My skin used to appear lighter and now my complexion appears darker. Anything I can do to lighten or reverse this terrible situation? 

roseps135

Re: EMERGENCY SKIN ADVICE

(0) Hearts

To soothe and moisturize skin, try Kate Sommerville Goat Milk or Nude overnight mask.  They are both great for stressed skin

End0ra

(0) Hearts

Your darker colour and uneven tone will probably right itself as your skin calms down.  Maybe something nice and soothing to help it?  First Aid Beauty's Ultra Repair Cream is a nice, simple, soothing moisturizer.  They also do a nice looking repairing/soothing mask.  Sephora's Ultra Soothing Fiber Mask isn't bad either, and you can buy them in singles if you only want a one-off fix.

Chickibum

(0) Hearts

When did this happen? I would consider seeing a derm or medical esthetician to find the best course of action here. In the meantime use a bland moisturizer like Ponds, or Cerave and a good sunscreen. Something like Mandom barrier repair might also be good. I'm very hesitant to recommend anything with actives in it. See a professional if possible, and give your skin a break 

andyhtrieu

I would stop using whatever product that made it worse and just stick to your normal skincare routine. It will take time for your skin to heal any damages. Also, apply extra SPF just to prevent your skin from getting worse because it's probably extra sensitive now. 

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

I would give your skin a couple days off If it's irritated. Maybe tarte maracuja oil to keep it soft. 

For lightening dark spots try ole hendriksen vitamin c truth serum and activating oil. Vitamin c fades dark spots.

lorenachvz

(0) Hearts

Thanks! I will be giving that a try! :smileyhappy:)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • roseps135
    • lorenachvz
    • heartsmyface
    • End0ra
    • andyhtrieu
    • Chickibum