kimchikween

Dry and flakey forehead at temples near hairline

(0) Hearts

I've been growing out my bangs and noticed the other day, when wearing a headband, that the skin on my forehead near the hairline above my temples is flakey.  

My face/foundation would be nearly flawless except right there - where it looks scaley.  Has anyone else experienced this?  What causes it and what can I do to treat it?  I have a pretty good skincare regime (don't think I'm missing any steps), so any insight would be greatly appreciated.  Thx!

Emeraldlight

Re: Dry and flakey forehead at temples near hairline

(0) Hearts

Do you do any hair coloring or any types of chemical processing on your hair?

I usually get the flaky scalp issue right after I have my hair colored.  It's not the whole scalp, it's only about a half of an inch   from my face. It's bizarre!

I get relief from using Fresh's Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil. It calms and hydrates.

The flakiness goes away.

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

I think I know what it is - after I get out of the shower, I have my hair up in one of those turban things.  I did notice that it sits lower on my head than when I use a regular towel.  Consequently, all my skincare routine stuff probably isn't getting to those parts.  Hmmm

jennjenn123

(0) Hearts

I have the same problem.  I'm glad I'm not the only one!  I don't think I usually get moisturizer that close to my hairline, and I think that's why I have the problem.

drrragon

(0) Hearts

I wonder if it might be happening if you don't rinse that area thoroughly when cleansing?  Maybe there is some leftover cleanser that doesn't get rinse off and ends up drying your skin?  That's all I could think of for that particular problem.

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

me too!! I use argan oil as my night moisturizer but when i get that its usually from sweating (i have bangs). so i just make sure to moisturize near my hairline. Especially when i am washing my hair the next day

kalex

This happens to me from time to time along my hairline on my forehead.  I haven't figured out what causes it as it comes and goes despite using the same products.  What fixes it though is Argan Oil.  I just massage a few drops in at night when I do my evening skincare and within a couple of days the flakes are gone.

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

Thanks, I'll try that!  Perhaps it's time to also see a dermatologist.  Unfortunately, I doubt that's covered in my insurance and my flex acct has already been maxed out for other procedures this year.

gtichick

(0) Hearts

I don't know what might be causing it but I have flaky skin a LOT, in patches, and what always works for me is a little bit of Josie Marans Argan oil before bed. I know its probably not the help you're looking for, but it works for me! Also, maybe a light exfoliation where its flaky may help? Sometimes thats all it takes for my flakiness to go away!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 7 in conversation
    • kalex
    • aviscardi
    • drrragon
    • gtichick
    • jennjenn123
    • kimchikween