Londonlover101

Does putting a cold spoon under your eyes really get rid of Dark circles,bags and puffiness?

Hey beauty's! just a few minutes ago I tried this and now my undereyes actually look worse then before, ive heard a lot that this works so im wondering if any of you tried it and liked it or if it failed. all your supposed to do is take two spoons and freeze them for at least five minutes then take them out and palce it under each eye and it is supposed to reduce dark circles, bags and puffiness. right now im not impressed :/ any other DIY remedies that can solve this because I don't have time to go to the store :smileysad:

sugarluvv

Re: Does putting a cold spoon under your eyes really get rid of Dark circles,bags and puffiness?

(0) Hearts

It helps but i dont think it will get rid of it

DanaKontnik

Re: Does putting a cold spoon under your eyes really get rid of Dark circles,bags and puffiness?

(0) Hearts

Dark circles under your eyes can also be due to dehydrated skin under your eyes. Drink more water and use a good moisturizer under your eyes. Oddly enough, the best dark circle reducer for me has been a simple bottle of avon banana coconut lotion. It's crazy but it's helped more than samples of eye creams I've used. And if I tear up for any reason, laughing, sad tv show... when the lotion gets wet the scent gets stronger and suddenly I smell bananas and coconut out of nowhere lol. But yeah, try any moisturize you currently have at home. Dab it over your dark circles, let it sit for a couple of minutes and then rub it in good.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

The way this work is that the cold helps to constrict blood vessels, helping to calm down puffiness/inflammation and to slow rate of which they course through the area, helping to minimize the "darkness" since blood is rushing as fast to the delicate/thin skinned area.

It's a good temporary and quick/soothing fix. Things that run in line with this is sticking your eye cream in the fridge and having it provide that nice cooling/depuffing sensation and new applicators in the rollerball formula which are cooling to the touch compared to using a finger. The rollerball also provides a stimulating micromassage to promote drainage of excess fluid/water retention, helping with depuffing. 

Ole Heniksen's got a duo pack of a roller ball AM treatment and a cooling gel for more intensive results or PM use. These formulas contain cucumber (which keeps at a lower temperature than what is around so it helps cool, calendula to soothe, and peptides which help to tighten and firm. Other roller balls like ones form Clinique and Garnier which contain caffeine, which helps to constrict blood vessels and help to promote drainage as it's a diuertic.

Other at home remedies would include using tea bags (black or green, both contain caffeine, black having the most). Brew a cup of tea (plus side, you get to sip and enjoy :smileyhappy:), steep the bag and squeeze out excess water so bags are damp but not dripping. Be sure the bags aren't too hot to the touch, lay them on closed lids and they should be warm, but not burn or feel uncomfortable. 

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

i think any type of cold compress only works well for mild  puffiness, or an injury such as getting hit in the eye. dark circles in general could be hereditary, or a sign of a vitamin deficiency.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 5 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • sugarluvv
    • DanaKontnik
    • tashalicious
    • Londonlover101