Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Dihydroxyacetone (DHA) free sunless tanner

I am a sunless tanner and have been for years but, I recently within the last year have developed a severe allergy to Dihydroxyacetone (DHA). I was a big St. Tropez fan but, cannot use it anymore without developing a horrible itchy/bumpy rash. I have even tried other brands thinking maybe it was just the St Tropez but, I've gotten the reaction with everything that I've tried. Does anyone know of a good Dihydroxyacetone (DHA) free sunless tanner? Help! I'm pale and desperate for a little sun(less!)tan!

Re: Dihydroxyacetone (DHA) free sunless tanner

@lovediedustgone do you know if you're allergic to just synthetic DHA or natural DHA as well?  I know that the one from Coco and Eve uses a natural DHA but I don't know if you've determined which kind bothers you.

I have the exact same issue! Did you ever find a product that worked without the terrible hives? 

I had the same exact experience! Used St Tropez for years and loved it.  Then one day I developed a severe rash and it took a minute to figure out it was the St Tropez.  So I waited a few months  and tried another high end brand, same thing happened after the second application.   A year later I tried Jergens sunless tanning lotion, same thing.  And now recently I tried Josie Maran’s organic sunless tanning serum because I use her skin care with no problems.  Guess what... had the worse reaction to date.  An itchy rash on arms and legs and my chest is actually scalded like a chemical burn.  I am done... no more.   But can’t find anything written about this, no studies. Can’t believe it’s not happening to more people. 

Hand Chemistry has one. It's called Glow Oil. It takes several applications to really build up color, but it's nice to be able to use something (I'm also allergic to DHA)

I wish!  I have had that issue for years and CANNOT find a self-tanner without the DHA!  Why isn't someone writing about this and researching products? I have read MANY people saying this is an issue for them as well but there's never a solution!  I've BEEN pale and desperate!

;'(

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing