Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Dark/red circles

upload_2810416611747038785.jpgI Any recommendations for puffy red/black under eye circles? I have tried numerous products, i'm almost at the point of getting some injections to rid myself of this....even when I wear makeup they still bleed through! Once I over slept and couldn't do my makeup and someone thought I got punched in the face (seriously) im desperate...

Re: Dark/red circles

This looks like allergies to me. Known in allergy circles as an "allergic shiner." Have you had allergy testing? Just a thought. I was tested for allergies a few years ago and was shocked to discover that I am very allergic to some foods I used to eat almost daily.

I don't have red eyebads but red face. My face is a shade darker/redder than my neck. If you have cool undertone, try using a green primer before applying makeup/concealer. If you have yellow undertone like me, green might make you look grey/ashy so try yellow primer. I like the ones from MUFE, Smashbox and KGD. And for concealer I go for MUFE or Kat von D.

As for non-cosmetic ways..... you will need to visit a dermatologist. Diet, sleep and eye cream with vitamin K may help depending on the cause.

These are great tips! I'm going to try them all 🙂

@leahc22

You have not said so, so I assume this is not because you aren't sleeping well or something just very recent.

I highly suggest seeing a dermatologist.  You can't treat something unless you know the cause.  Rednes, dark circles, and bags - a combination of this will not be effectively treated by skincare IMO.  These are internally caused. The derm will be your best resource. 

I suggest a medical evaluation.  

Until then, the best advice is to hydrate, get sleep, and eat a healthy diet.

No, it's not due to sleep or anything, I've been this way my whole life unfortunately, my father and grandfather both have this problem and they've passed it on to me (yay) the older I get the worse it gets 😩 I suppose my next trip will be to medical....I knew it was bound to happen, but I figured I would try all my other options first!

thanks for the tip

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos1
  • upload_2810416611747038785.jpg
testing