MSMichelleBoo

Cystic Acne? HELP?!

I am a teen who's suffering from cystic acne. I mostly have it around my cheek area. I also have an oily face. I keep on trying so many different kinds of acne products and I see no clear results. I'm not sure how I'm able to find what is causing my acne on my face. Please, message me back. Thank You.

janinebt

Re: Cystic Acne? HELP?!

I'd highly recommend seeing a dermatologist too. They will be able to give you the best suggestions for clearer skin along with products that you may want to avoid.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
kalex

Besides the great advice you've already gotten, I would also add that you need to stick with something for at least month to know if it's working.  You said you're "trying so many different kinds of acne products" that I'm wondering if you're giving up on them too early.  Not to mention that bombarding your skin with too many different things is just going to irritate it and make your acne worse.

Also keep in mind that if something is working it is likely to make your skin worse before it gets better.  This is because it's purging your skin and forcing everything out all at once instead of over the next couple of weeks.

Have you tried any of the kits from Murad, Clinique, or Proactive (not sold at Sephora)? 

islandqt

Everyone's acne causes are different. I second the argument that you should see a dermatologist. Just remember to keep whatever goes on your face clean. This means clean your cell phone (you would be horrified to know the amount of bacteria on our tech devices), try not to let your hair touch your face, keep your fingers off your face etc.

I read a pretty interesting article that says that scientists are now thinking that some people suffer acne because they lack a proper amount of a certain type of bacteria found in our skin that actually helps kill acne-causing bacteria... So as you can see, the problem isn't as cut and dry as you may think.

In terms of makeup the only brand I would feel comfortable suggesting to someone with cystic acne are the Vichy Dermablend foundations and concealers.

However, dermatologist first and then makeup after. No point spending your money on stuff that could make the situation worse.

nerdgrrrl

I have acne problems myself, and it's because I have hormone issues. If you really want to find out what's causing your acne I'd suggest going to a dermatologist. If that's not an option, you need to make sure you're using products that aren't clogging your pores. I use products that are specially designed for people with acne prone skin. Clinique makes a foundation that has Salicylic Acid in it which is good for fighting acne.swfupload_6711553797947923889.jpg

Hope this helps!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • kalex
    • islandqt
    • janinebt
    • MSMichelleBoo
    • nerdgrrrl
Photos1
  • swfupload_6711553797947923889.jpg