Natural32

Cleansers that work good with clarisonic?

(0) Hearts

hey, so every time i buy a new face cleanser it never ends up working well with my Clarisonic. Just FYI, i have the boscia black detox cleanser with my clarisonic mia and the acne brush head. In my experience i definitely find that you should use a jel or cream cleanser, but not a scrub. I have oily skin with occasional blemishes and acne scars. Any suggestions? : )

BeautyJunkie325

Re: Cleansers that work good with clarisonic?

(0) Hearts

I know it sounds silly but do have to see the bubbles in order to fee clean.  I love Clinique's Rinse-off Foaming Cleanser, I love the way it foams up and whisks away the dirt when I use my Mia.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

The thing with foaming cleansers are most of them are stripping & drying to the skin. It's better to stay clear of foaming cleansers. Just like with hair care... foaming/lather does not mean a deeper clean, it just means it has added sulfates to produce the foam. 

voxover

(0) Hearts

I just got the Mia and haven't tried anything beyond the acne cleanser it came with for the sensitive head (I'm not too sure if I like the cleanser or not). I like the No Zit Sherlock Cleanser, and I think I'm going to try it with the Clarisonic, so I'll try to let you know how that works out for me.

On that note, if anyone has any product/skin regimen suggestions for oily sensitive skin and active acne with the Clarisonic, please let me know! :smileyhappy:

pinktorridora

(0) Hearts

I use Kate Somerville Detox Daily Cleanser. Love it with my Clarisonic!

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

I use the Fresh Soy cleanser (gel texture) and I know the Purity by Philosophy works though i was never fond of it. You can use light scrubs but i honestly find them too much of a pain to clean from the brush head. So i much prefer to just cleanse as usual with my clarisonic and then exfoliate after like normal with my hands. 

I am going to order the Michael Todd Honey and Oats cleanser to use on the weekends  with my clarisonic- that should be ok. I am currently finished up a small 1oz of the origins checks & balances. it works great with the clarisonic, but burns my eyes like mad. 

Emeraldlight

(0) Hearts

I would suggest Philosophy Purity Made Simply. It has a creamy consistency. I would sway away from foam cleansers.  They liquify faster, losing the cleanser's staying power.

michmo

(0) Hearts

I like First Aid Beauty's Cleanser with my Clarisonic.  Also Purity Made Simple is another good choice.  

sugarluvv

(0) Hearts

I use the murad acne wash.  Today was my first time using the mia2 and i used it with the cleanser it came with. Lol i ended up using it for 2 min on my face instead of 1 b/c i feel like my face wasnt clean enough.  After getting out of the shower my face felt super clean and is less buMpy.  So far so good :smileywink:

peacefulseraph

(0) Hearts

Depends... do you like foamy or creamy cleansers? I find Clarins cleansing milk and regular cold cream work well because they don't try to absorb into your skin while you wait for the Clarisonic timer to beep. I have sensitive combination/oily skin that's allergic to sulfates (sudsing ingredient) in foamy cleansers- so I can't recommend any in good faith... but milky/creamy DO work well i.m.o.

Also, if you're using the "delicate" brush head, it's okay to use microfinishing cleansers/scrubs (round beads only) 1-2 a month. Like "Boots No7 Beautiful Skin Radiance Exfoliator for Normal/Dry Skin"- it's very, very gentle. But if you're using the acne brush or deep pore cleansing brush- NEVER use in conjunction with scrubs. It will make your skin look raw (or worse) like a bad sunburn where your skin could start peeling. I've even read that over exfoliation can lead to premature aging from dermatologists... so try not to over scrub.

lilmissmodel14

(0) Hearts

I just ordered my clarisonic mia 2 with the sensitive brush, I purchased purity cleanser with it, hope it's good! :smileyhappy:

chauncie

(0) Hearts

I 2nd Philosophy's Purity cleanser. That's what I use with my Clarisonic :smileyvery-happy:

mxcx

(0) Hearts

I think as long as you pick something that doesn't have huge beads in it, you should be fine. I find that I like milky cleansers more when I use the Clarisonic personally because foaming cleansers tend to foam up too much and get in my eyes. You could try Philosophy's Purity or Mario Badescu's Enzyme Cleanser, which both don't foam. 

unblownkisses

(0) Hearts

I'm not sure exactly what the problem is, but given just the title post if I was in your shoes I think I'd look at the cleansers Clarisonic packages with the machines and go from there (if I was looking for something new specifically to work with the Clarisonic). I know they have sets with boscia, fresh, and lancome products. 

http://www.sephora.com/clarisonic

arielaaaaaaaa

It's not recommended to use a scrub, anything with beads or anything along those lines with your Clarisonic. Every cleanser i've used i've had no issues with, why exactly haven't they been working? Was it because they were scrubs?

Natural32

(0) Hearts

yes, it was mainly because they were scrubs or were too harsh with the clarisonic. 

arielaaaaaaaa

That's the problem right there. Try any cleansers that don't have any scrubbing bits in it. I use the Murad Clarifying Cleanser, and Origins Checks and Balances, And they are good for Oily, acne prone skin. And Work well with the Clarisonic. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • aviscardi
    • pinktorridora
    • chauncie
    • unblownkisses