infinitise

Cleanser for extremely sensitive skin

I don't know what happened to my skin lately, but its been super dry and ripped off. If I don't use serum + oil + moisturizer + oil at night, the next morning I can't even put anything on my skin without it rolling into chunks and not absorbing.. 

Its also easily super red;.. 

sometimes when I put my sun gel (compared to putting on a organic/all natural sunscreen) on, little red pumps that kind of looks like white heads appear too. 

I've been using Dr.Bronner's magic soap on my skin..but I'm starting to find that its way to harsh and dry for my skin in the morning.. 

I have PTR orange gel cleanser (I don't know the exact name right now) but that kind of breaks me out/makes me red.. 

I couldn't even exfoliate my skin in the last 2 weeks because of how thin my skin's layer is right now

what would be a gentle, moisturizing cleanser for the morning for me? 

chupi

Re: Cleanser for extremely sensitive skin

(0) Hearts

Make sure you find something without soap (SLS) - even Cetaphil contains it.

I would recommend a cleansing milk or cream, like the other ladiez have said. I use Origins Cream Cleanser and this one from First Aid Beauty.

caperella

(0) Hearts

Seconding FAB Face Cleanser. 

LindenAnn

(0) Hearts

I've recently started using this one, and it's been working really well so far. I have very dry skin so even supposedly non-drying cleansers don't work.

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=CLARINS%20Cleansing%20Milk%20with%20Alpine%...

infinitise

(0) Hearts

I love Clarins 

They are so great T_T 

I only tried their gentle foam cleanser but I'll check this one out when I'm in store sometime this week! yay 

Thank you 

ClaudeCahun

(0) Hearts

The Blissoma Free Rejuvenating Herbal Gel Cleanser is an extremely gentle cleanser yet still removes everything. I found it comparable to the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser, which was another good option mentioned, though Fresh was a tiny bit more drying.

Straight up Dr. Bronner's soap is going to strip your skin. You could try diluting it (if it's the liquid version) with some olive or almond oil to make it a little bit more gentle and moisturizing.

ClaudeCahun

(0) Hearts

Oh also the S.W. Basics Cleanser looks really gentle, although I haven't tried it (hopefully I will soon!)) and I'm not sure how effective it would be at removing your sunscreen.

infinitise

(0) Hearts

I have actually never head about Blissoma or SW!

but I'm on google right now searching! 

I never actually thought about mixing oil into the cleanser because its already made of plant oils! that's a great idea I'll try it tomorrow morning! 

sn22

(0) Hearts

I have the Korres Milk Proteins Foaming Cream Cleanser, and I agree with evno it is very gentle and non drying.

infinitise

(0) Hearts

I have been reading the reviews but was told that it broke some people out :smileysad: 

could it be some harsh ingredients or it being moisturzing and less stripping then other cleansers? 

I should probably get a sample to try out for a day or two 

Thank you! that's really helpful :smileyhappy:

evno

(0) Hearts

A commonly recommended one is the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser. It's very natural, gentle, and nourishing. 

Another mild, moisturizing cleanser is the Korres Milk Proteins Foaming Cream Cleanser. It's soap-free, which is great for sensitive skin.

The Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser helped my skin when it was very damaged from acne treatments. You massage it in, let it sit, and wipe off the excess with a hot washcloth.

upload_8176130069555057517.jpg

If you have acne, a very gentle, moisturizing cleanser is the Olay Blemish Control Cleanser. Even though I have very sensitive skin, I find that the acne medication in the cleanser doesn't irritate my skin.

upload_3222421206563678163.jpg

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Oh wow Thank you so much 

I've never used a ponds product before but heard they were gentle as well! 

I'll check it out on my way home today :smileyhappy: 

tracygirl64

(0) Hearts

I highly recommend Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil. It's gentle, moisturizing and made out of all natural ingredients. I absolutely love it, I've been using it for almost 3 years now! Also, a good tip: Make sure to shake it before using it, the oils in it do separate.

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Do you mean to use it in the morning? 

I always thought cleansing oil was for removing makeup 

do they work as just a cleanser too? 

tracygirl64

(0) Hearts

I've been using it for about 3 years now. I use it morning and night. It leaves my skin feeling smooth and balanced.

DiVWA

(0) Hearts

Try Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily Cleanser Foaming Formula. I used it when I had a weird redness/itchiness on my neck and it worked wonders. Better than Cetaphil.

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Thank you! 

I havent been to the drug store for a while now.. I haven't used the neutrogena cleanser since for a few years, but should really check it out 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 9 in conversation
    • chupi
    • tracygirl64
    • sn22
    • infinitise
    • evno
    • LindenAnn