stuntdouble

Capillaries on cheeks

(0) Hearts

I'm only 23 and I can start to see some capillaries on my cheeks. I hear harsh scrubs and the sun can cause this and I'm definitely a sun-lover. My face lotion has sun screen in it but I guess it's not enough. Wondering if someone can recommend something to stop them from getting worse? They're not really noticeable, I'm more concerned about them getting worse. Thanks for your help!

lylysa

Re: Capillaries on cheeks

(0) Hearts

Leaky or broken capillaries that are visible can be treated to a certain degree topically with vitamin K creams/treatments and caffeine.

Vitamin K is often used in creams to aid the recovery and healing time in bruises and dark circle eye treatments because vitamin K helps to repair and strengthen capillaries. Caffeine is found in skin care and even eye care products for it's ability to temporarily tighten and shrink blood vessels, making the visibility of the target area softened.

Origins just launched their GinZing face cream and Ole Henriksen has the Nurture Me face cream with vitamin K and other vitamins and nutrients to repair skin.

KYkim

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much for the info.  I searched yesterday for a fix and today found you here on the Beauty talk. I will try your recommendations.  Wondering if anyone has tried the "SmashBox" correcting primers if this would help conceal while using the vitamin k and caffeine for repair.

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

Interesting to know that Vitamin K works topically too! We use it in healthcare to speed back up the clotting cascade (i.e. make your blood clot faster) that coumadin/warfarin slows down!

placaminero

[ Edited ]

While having a moisturizer with SPF is great, I highly recommend applying sunscreen as well if you spend a lot of time in the sun. You should stick to something between 30 and 50 SPF and remember that sunscreens and moisturizers with SPF mostly protect you from UVB rays and that you're still very susceptible to UVA rays, which is what contributes to aging in skin with prolonged exposure to the sun. So what you want to look for is a sunscreen with UVA blockers like avobenzone, oxybenzone, titanium dioxide, and zinc oxide. And make sure these are at the top of the ingredient list!

Here's a list of some sunscreens that protect against both forms of ultra violet radiation:

--Clinique's Super City Block Oil-Free Daily Face Protector Broad Spectrum 40 SPF contains 9.6% zinc oxide and 7.3% titanium dioxide. ($21 for 1.4 oz.)

--Lavanila's The Healthy Sun Screen SPF 40 Face Cream contains 5% zinc oxide and 7.5% titanium dioxide. ($28 for 1.8 oz.)

--Shiseido's Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector Broad Spectrum SPF 42 contains 8.6% zinc oxide. ($30 for 1 oz.)

--Josie Maran's Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 40+ contains 6% zinc oxide and 9.5% titanium dioxide. ($32 for 2 oz.)

--Peter Thomas Roth's Max Daily Defense Moisture Cream SPF 30 contains 1% titanium dioxide and 4% oxybenzone. ($42 for 1.7 oz.)

--Bliss's The Youth As We Know It™ Anti-Aging Moisture Lotion SPF 30 contains 3% avobenzone and 3.5% oxybenzone. ($74 for 1.7 oz.)

keelybt

Hi Stuntdouble Some skin is more prone to that.  I have the same issue.  The best thing you can do is be gentle with your skin.  Instead of a scrub, try a gentle chemical exfoliant like First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads.  If you get facials, let the esthetican know that your skin is prone to that.

First Aid Beauty - Facial Radiance Pads

http://www.sephora.com/facial-radiance-pads-P278317?skuId=1309608

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • stuntdouble
    • lylysa
    • crayzeeRN