From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Can anything stop dark circles from getting worse?

I'm 30, and had my first baby in October. I woke up one morning and tried to remove leftover mascara under one eye only to discover it was a "dark circle"! It's small, but looks so much like smudged make up that it's borderline trashy! 

What product will help help to keep it from growing? The baby sleeps through the night now, so lack of sleep won't be contributing to it anymore.

Re: Can anything stop dark circles from getting worse?

@bharvey

The way you describe your "dark circle", it sounds like a bruise.  But I am guessing it isn't?  Is it under both eyes or just one eye?  Assuming it is "typical" dark circles, I would chalk it up to:

- Lack of sleep and generally being tired the last several months

- Hormonal changes 

- Nutritional imbalances

As a new mum, I am sure these issues are not unusual.  Sleep, water, and good nutrition will go far in addressing this.  As your routine becomes a bit more normalized, you will see it improve as well.  Use topical eye creams to keep it moisturised.  Tata Harper, Farmacy, Caudalie etc make popular ones.

Water, water, water and hydrate the eye area

@bharvey I find Farmacy Eye dew really helpful to reduce the dark circles around eyes. I am using it for many months and see very visible results. Though if I stop using it for a while, dark circle start to show up again so no need to stop using. Since you are getting good sleep at night, you will start seeing the results faster.

http://www.sephora.com/eye-dew-total-eye-cream-with-echinacea-greenenvy-P400250?keyword=FARMACY%20Ey...

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing