Hanabean

Any tips on getting rid of broken capillaries on the face?

I have a few small broken capillaries/spider veins on my face, which I blame mostly because of daily exfoliation with my Clarisonic. I've pretty much stopped using the Clarisonic for 2 months now, but I was wondering if there's anything else I can be doing to help get rid of or minimize them without using concealer or laser. Thanks!

immichaeld

Re: Any tips on getting rid of broken capillaries on the face?

(0) Hearts

You can use a topical Vitamin K (found in some products such as Ren) to help with fading the redness but your best bet and what seems like your only solution, is Laser.

Titian06

(0) Hearts

I doubt the broken capillaries are from your Clarisonic unless they really did show up after you started using it on a regular basis, then maybe.  I have broken capillaries on my chin, and I use may Clarisonic to remove my makeup most afternoons.  It has not made them worse (or added any elsewhere).  @Marika123 is correct, our capillaries in our faces are closer to the skin surface and as we age our facial skin gets thinner.  This is why our faces blush, but (not usually) our bodies don't; some of us have roscacia; etc.  I use a yellow color corrector stick from the Clinique Redness Solutions Line.  I swipe a concealer brush on the stick and then pat it on the broken capillaries area (all other red areas).  For me, I find yellow works to correct redness better than green.

Marika123

Completely agree with DiVWA, that's the same thing my dermatologist said - laser treatment is the only thing that really works, and he did mentioned that those broken capillaries might come back (and he also said that in my case they will most likely come back). I was quite disappointed to hear that since I thought effect would be permanent, but I did appreciate the honesty.

That's why I never actually did laser treatment, I figured for now I can just use concealer which works pretty good, and if in future my broken capillaries will get worse - I can always reconsider laser treatment.

Although scrubbing your face too hard or using hot water while washing your face can cause broken capillaries, but if I understood the doctor correctly, one of the reasons might be that blood vessels are located very close to the skin surface (this is mostly genetic thing) and your skin gets thinner as you age causing those blood vessels to become more visible, and there's nothing you can do about it.

My dad has a lot of broken capillaries around the nose, and he've never used Clarisonic or exfoliator in his life :smileyhappy: I always try to be extra gentle while washing my face, but I still have broken capillaries inherited from my dad, though I hope that with extra care they won't get worse

DiVWA

In my experience, the only thing that gets rid of them is laser treatment done by dermatologist. I have broken capillaries on my nose and cheeks, and have had laser treatments about a half dozen times. This was in the late 1990s to 2002. Unless technology has changed, the broken capillaries usually come back, unfortunately. That's been my experience anyway. Perhaps the laser technology has improved since then. I'd sure love to get treated once and then never have them again.

beauty4ashes

(0) Hearts

@DiVWA

"...Unless technology has changed, the broken capillaries usually come back, unfortunately. That's been my experience anyway..."

Nope, IPL hasn't changed the fact that you must repeat the procedure because the broken capillaries do come back. And, insurance still doesn't cover the treatment since it's considered cosmetic. 

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

Perhaps you should consult with a dermatologist. I have a few small broken capillaries on my face, which they said they have a laser process to remove them. I believe it dries up the blood, it turns black, then goes away. I haven't done it yet because I haven't found a week where I could go through the darkened phase. She did tell me it's hard to cover up but doesn't last long ( a week).

Good luck, hope you find a solution. 

TrysBeautyItems

(0) Hearts

The Clarisonic isn't even recommend by professional for daily usage.

I just started using this, not for broken capillaries, First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Liquid Recovery. It's a tonic made to hydrate the deep layers and heal redness.

http://www.sephora.com/ultra-repair-liquid-recovery-P385330?skuId=1567197

There's also IT Cosmetics (not at Sephora) Bye Bye Redness it skincare in a cream form that is one universal color. QVC product page has a video about it.

What is it: Bye Bye Redness is a red neutralizing and correcting cream that helps to conceal redness in your skin from view. It camouflages redness and any red-toned skin discolorations from rosacea, broken capillaries, blemished skin, irritated skin, sun damage, scars, age spots, physician procedures, and more. Bye Bye Redness gives perfect coverage that will never crease or crack and is designed not only to cover, but to make your skin appear supple and flawless.

Who is it for: Anyone who wants the power to achieve their most beautiful even skin ever! Anyone who wants anti-aging, hydrating and soothing benefits of peptides, collagen, colloidal oatmeal, hyaluronic acid, aloe and avocado. Anyone who wants to instantly conceal redness and imperfections from view, and achieve a more radiant looking, even and flawless complexion. Universal shade works for all skin tones.

Why is it different: Bye Bye Redness Correcting Creme is infused with color-correcting and red-cancelling pigments as well as anti-aging peptides, collagen, colloidal oatmeal, hyaluronic acid, aloe and avocado. 

Titian06

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the information, @TriesBeautyItems !  I've been wondering what it is supposed to do.  I love FAB's Facial Radiance Serum; it really helped with my hyperpigmentation.  I am going to give the Liquid Recovery a try.  I'd like to see if it can really "camouflage" the conditions you list; I have many of them (it's heck getting old!).

TrysBeautyItems

(0) Hearts

Wait a minute.. I posted about 2 different products. The extra info was for IT Cosmetics bye bye redness. FAB is a clear liquid.

cypressQ

(0) Hearts

I found that a microdermabrasion and hydrafacial microdermabrasion really worked well.  It seems less is better, a good moisturizer, sunscreen and protecting my face from the element (wind, sun and dryness) really help.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • Titian06
    • Marika123
    • SydBristow
    • TrysBeautyItems
    • beauty4ashes
    • DiVWA