bechkafish

Any recommendations for red bumps (keratosis pilaris) on arms?

I have mild-moderate keratosis pilaris on my arms (and a bit on my upper legs). It's the one thing about my skin that I truly, utterly hate... any suggestions on how to get rid of it, or at least ameliorate it a bit?

laurabt

Re: Any recommendations for red bumps (keratosis pilaris) on arms?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi Bechkafish,

I have KP on the backs of my arms and occasionally on the tops of my thighs as well & it really irritates me.  I also recommend Dermadoctor KP Duty - it's very effective.  And one thing I constantly have to remind myself: don't pick at it, it just makes it worse!  :smileyhappy: -Laura

IAMNEONE

Just to add, it's PTR's Blemish Buffing Beads for Face and Body. I've also used DDF's 10% glycolic body lotion, harder to find now that Sephora no longer carries the line.

drrragon

yes, i was so sad when I could no longer find my favorite DDF stuff at Sephora :smileysad:

IAMNEONE

(0) Hearts

I also agree about the usage of glycolic acid. I use Peter Thomas Roth's body washes for it. I also add baking soda to my other body cleansers/washes and scrub 2-3x a week. It helps soften the skin.

drrragon

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Dermadoctor has just the thing for you.  The main ingredient in this product that helps with KP is glycolic acid, so you could search around for other products containing that ingredient.  Glycolic acid has multiple uses so products containing it could be labelled as anti-wrinkle, anti-acne, brightening, exfoliating...the list goes on.

swfupload_117991742067425014.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/kp-duty-moisturizing-therapy-P73509

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • drrragon
    • IAMNEONE
    • laurabt
    • bechkafish