melisa16

Any products for acne scars

(0) Hearts

It is kind of hard for me to find a product for acne scars. They are like little red bumps and I just dont know what to use. If anyone has recommendations and if they think it would be good for sensitive/dry skin let me know!

Daniela1387

Re: Any products for acne scars

(0) Hearts

I would say Boscia's facial polish and black mask are pretty amazing!!! I have hyper pigmentation from past acne scars and I have literally been using both for a month and my skin looks so much better! However I have combo sensitive skin so Im not sure how they will work for dry skin. 

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@melisa16- Just do your cleansing like you always do and you just apply it says day or night so I would do night since it would be easier. Hope this helps1

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Yes Blue Plasma is an awesome product. I think you'll be happy with the choice because it's gentle enough not to make your sensitivity worse and also you can use it with any skin care routine.

melisa16

(0) Hearts

Now im very interested because I have heard good things before. I was just wondering do you put it before or after moisturizer and how many times are you supposed to use it? Sorry I am asking a lot of questions but I am only 20 years old so I dont know too much about this kind of stuff haha

kd006

You should use it in your everyday routine. i always put it on before bed. Clean your face. Do your toner if you use one. Then put blue plasma on. Then follow up with the rest of your skincare. ie. serums, moisturizers, etc. It is not harsh AT ALL so don't be afraid to use it every night. When I first bought it I was like woah.. peel every night? But it's not like that.. It's very mild and doesn't irritate me at all.

carolang

(0) Hearts

I find the truth serum is helping me lighten my acne scarring that looks similar to yours. It seems pretty mild to me so far. I did get the Murad lightening treatment as a point perk (same with the truth serum) so I will try that next. Also from reading these boards I am going to invest in some maracuja oil as well (note both truth serum and this have vit C) ... although natural bliss sells it for much cheaper thanks to someone for noting that on the boards! Can't wait to try that as a lighter oil for summer over argan.

But truth serum alone has given me some results on my cheek marks that have been there a while! Can't comment on new scars as much, although I just got one last week so I am crossing my fingers it will work on that too.

melisa16

(0) Hearts

Hmm I have the truth serum and didnt like it too much. How many times do you use it a week because I might of been overdoing it!

buzzbee3

(0) Hearts

I love Ole's truth serum! It's amazing stuff!! And anything with Vit C will help lighten, brighten, & tighten :smileyhappy:

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

I second this, buzzbee3 :smileyhappy: Vitamin C is a gentle way to lighten scars. I use the Murad Spot Lightening Treatment occasionally, but I don't think it works any quicker than my Tarte Maracuja Oil (which I think is 10x more gentle on my skin, and has other good benefits on top).

If I have any broken or open skin on my face and the Murad accidentally gets in it, it burns like a *****; I don't experience that with the oil. But in general any moisturizer, oil, etc that is packed high with vitamin C is good! Just make sure to use sunscreen!

MoreGun89

beautylovingirl has it right with the blue plasma peel, it works wonders!  I use it once a week and use maracuja oil as a moisturizer which contains vitamin C which is great for brightening spots! :smileyvery-happy:  

buzzbee3

(0) Hearts

Don't forget about PTR's De-Spot ---> http://www.sephora.com/de-spot-skin-brightening-corrector-P294406?skuId=1358902

It's hydroquinone-free so it's more gentle than the Murad's spot treatment.

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]

It's kinda of hard to recommend a gentle product for acne scars most contain hydroquinone which is skin lightener or glycolic acids . About the most gentle product I could recommend with be the Ole Henriksen Enlighten Me and Dr. Perricone's blue plasma peel. Murad rapid pigment spot lightening treatment is another suggestion but you'll need to research to see of it's right for you. Hope this helps!

melisa16

(0) Hearts

Actually I use a moisturizer with glycolic acid and I have no problem with it. The only acid I know for sure my face cant handle is salicylic acid. And I have been wondering about the blue plasma, is it worth it for the price?

kd006

(0) Hearts

blue plasma is amazing! People probably get sick of my talking about it in other threads but I just love it. It is definitely worth the hefty price tag. To me it was worth every penny.

melisa16

(0) Hearts

Would you say it last a long time, because I am college student on a budget and therefore would like a product to last kind of long

kd006

(0) Hearts

Yes, I have had my bottle since september 2012. So 8 months. and I still have 1/3 of the bottle left.. maybe a little less. I think it should last me another month or 2. You seriously need the smallest amount. It comes with a dropper. Never take more than the dropper has. I usually drop like 2 drops on each cheek, one drop on forehead, one drop on chin, one on nose and one headed down my neck and blend it in. So one full dropper amount will cover your entire face and down your neck. Which I usually do just because I have extra. I am also a college student so I understand what you mean! It is definitely an investment.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • melisa16
    • crayzeeRN
    • beautylovingirl
    • MoreGun89
    • carolang
    • buzzbee3