Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Allergic reaction to Tata's resurfacing mask

I got a sample of the Tata's Resurfacing Mask in my play box this month. Used it and had an allergic reaction of hives all over my face (that are still here hours later and progressively got worse.) I do not have sensitive skin. I have never had an allergic reaction to anything in my life. My skin is fairly well balanced. Has anyone else had this problem? 

Allergic reaction to Tata's resurfacing mask

I have very sensitive skin and this mask has actually never bothered me. I'm sorry you had a reaction! I know what that's like and it's not any fun. if it gets worse make sure you consult someone about it

RE: Allergic reaction to Tata's resurfacing mask

I’m so sorry to hear about your experience. I’ve tried 4 times to post a negative review (all unsuccessful - wonder why?) about the Sephora Algae face mask, to which I had an allergic reaction. Like you, I don’t have complexion issues nor have I ever had a negative reaction to a skincare product until I used this sheet mask. I’ve used other Sephora face masks for years without a problem, so I don’t know why this suddenly happened to me. Perhaps, as the other commenter suggested, we were/are unknowingly allergic to one random ingredient in the masks we used. But my dermatologist was shocked to see how bad my face and neck still looked almost 4 full days after the reaction began. Hope you healed quickly!

Re: Allergic reaction to Tata's resurfacing mask

I have pretty sensitive skin and have had no problems. Different people have different reactions. You should read the ingredients and try to figure out what caused the issue(what ingredient is different from products your normally okay with). I get hives from pomegranate so I avoid anything that contains it. Benadryl should help with your hives if they are still bad. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing