orchids18

Acne scars, dry, possible wrinkles....what to do!?

(0) Hearts

I use to have a lot of acne so that resulted in a lot of acne scars on my face. It's been years and I haven't been able to get rid of it. I tried using Clinique Spot Corrector and Dr Brandt Dark Spots No More but neither worked! Lately my skin appears dry and flaky after I apply the Dior BB Cream and I don't know if it's always been like that just that I don't notice, or if it suddenly became like that. My skin is also a little sensitive and I fear that I'll get wrinkles earlier than I'm suppose to due to the poor condition of my skin (I do use sunscreen everyday). At this point, I don't know what to do with my face anymore! Please give me some advice! Thanks!!

beautylovingirl

Re: Acne scars, dry, possible wrinkles....what to do!?

(0) Hearts

A great product to help would be The lightening fast brightening duo from Murad. It's a two product set that a lightening serum and a peel to get your skin glowing.You could also use Murad's Active Radiance Serum along with the other products. Vitamin C is a great booster for helping your skin to glow again.Another option for you would be Dr. Gross' Alpha Beta daily face peel would also be a great option for you. You can research these to see what is best for you. Hope this helps!

Ramieee

(0) Hearts

you sound just like me. I have super oily skin and large pores and I'm still breaking out ten yrs out of hs!! I've used tons of products, ESP whitening and pore refiners from Clinique and shiseido but what gave me the most visible difference was getting laser treatments. I kno, it's kind of off topic but I'm putting it out there bc it really changed my skin texture and pores AND scarring. I actually get compliments on my complexion sometimes. for real!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Aside from the dryness and post acne scars, give us some more details. What is the current condition of your skin? Is the dryness you're suffering also causing flaking or tightness? Are the post acne scars just dark marks on your skin or actual changes in texture?

Give us a complete run down of your day and night regimen for skin and beauty and we can see what needs to be tweaked and reworked!

orchids18

(0) Hearts

It's also oily and dull-looking!

dianabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Orchids18,

First off, let us know what products you are using and a bit more details about your skin! Is this dryness that is causing your skin to feel tight, or just in certain areas? Also, are you using an exfoliator? A gentle one will be a good idea to add to your routine so you can remove buildup, dead skin cells (that may cause this flakiness) and to help even out your skintone so any serums you apply (for hydrating or brightening) will be more effective on the skin cells that need it and not the dead ones that will just fall off anyway.

Try the Korres Yogurt Cream since it sounds like your skin may be dehydrated. You say that your skin is dry but also oily, is this just in patches or certain areas? Adding the Yogurt cream will help both oily and dry areas to be hydrated as they may not always need moisturizing.

Greek Yoghurt Moisturizing Face Cream

I'd also add a hydrating serum or a new brightening serum to give your skintone some more radiance and help with brightening the marks you have- but make sure you use a hydrating spf too. We're looking forward to hearing back from you to offer some more suggestions that will help! :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • Ramieee
    • orchids18