Answer
akwardwhitegirl
this isnt much of a question... but more of an advice..

soooooo i found a way to clear your skin superrrr fast! drink WATERRRRRR who woulda guessed? me! i started drinking 3000mL of water a day and it cleared my skin REALLY fast! and i lost some weight. but all i do is clean my face with an acne pad to wash away makeup and it puts acne stuff too! anyway i only hav like 1 zit! thats amasing for me! so any other fast everyday tips for acne?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 3
prettyinpa
Answered
My best tip for acne is to be gentle to your skin, especially if you have older acne prone skin. I was washing and treating the living daylights out of my skin and it responded by way overproducing oil. When I cut back my washing to only water in the AM and a gentle yet thorough cleanser at night, I stopped getting such horrid breakouts. Plus I always check new skincare and makeup products on a very limited basis until I am sure that it won't cause a huge breakout.

Kudos on the extra water, it really helps!
sammiebaby
Answered

hi!

I also started drinking a lot of water for about 6m and it truly helped in clearing up my acne.  I also cut down on soda which was causing me to break out as well, which is weird I know.  But on adding water and cutting soda I've reduced my water retention so I've lost some water weight.  I was also taught that for all skin types you have to treat your skin for what your type is not the problem you have.  Like Prettyinpa said she was treating for what she had but once she cut down on the amount of times she washed, her acne cleared up some.

The best solution I've found to see what kind of skin you have is to wash it like normal at night just once.  Then don't put anything on your skin and just let it dry overnight.  In the morning then check your skin.  If it feels oily all over then you've got oily skin.  If it's oily some and dry in another area you may have combination.  The larger pores you have you are probably acne prone.  But you can also always ask your doctor about it, they can point you in the right direction.

I remember when I was in high school I had such bad acne!  I never used make up but I also didn't wash my face regularly.  I was also using really harsh stuff on my face which would just make me break out more.  Now that I only have 1 or 2, I'm like I wish I had this skin in high school and knew all of this before hand.

antoine0000
Answered

akwardwhitegirl wrote:

soooooo i found a way to clear your skin superrrr fast! drink WATERRRRRR who woulda guessed? me! i started drinking 3000mL of water a day and it cleared my skin REALLY fast! and i lost some weight. but all i do is clean my face with an acne pad to wash away makeup and it puts acne stuff too! anyway i only hav like 1 zit! thats amasing for me! so any other fast everyday tips for acne?

Yes. Water is what cleanses all the body , and goes through the kidneys and liver.  You should try to drink 2 Liters of water per day to keep your skin in prime condition :smileyhappy:

Cut down on too much sweets as you said , will help very much. You're on the right track Gurrl!

ANTOINE

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 9 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • antoine0000
    • sammiebaby
    • akwardwhitegirl