andyhtrieu

stubborn pimples/zits

I have two pimples/zits on my cheeks and NOTHING IS WORKING. I've been using benzoyl peroxide in the morning, and 2% salicylic acid and Tretinoin at night. It's been a few weeks since I got them and they're so stubborn. Those products that I mentioned above don't make a difference. Help!

toxictwin

Re: stubborn pimples/zits

(0) Hearts

I swear by glycolic acid. Murad or PTR or a brand called Glycolix that can be purchased at Dermstore.com

SirensSong

Adapalene has worked for me. Especially for those hormonal cystic pimples. You may want to check out if you can get your hands on some. I think you can get it in amazon or if not try to see if you can get some Differin (prescription acne cream that contains Adapalene). Good luck, amigo.

beauty4ashes

[ Edited ]

@SirensSong

Differin (adapalene) is a prescription drug & shouldn't be purchased online.

SirensSong

I am aware, which is why I said "if you can get your hands on some". :smileywink: Also when you don't have health care some resort to purchasing their medications/prescriptions online. Of course it's not ideal or "politically correct" but everybody manages in their own way.

beauty4ashes

@SirensSong

I understand what you're saying. I'm merely posting the obvious. It's a basic safety issue.

AmiraHall

(0) Hearts

have you tried Paula Choice - Resist BHA 9

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Never tried Tretinoin but salicylic does not work on me, what does work are products containing sulfur, like Murad Clarifying mask or PTR sulfur mask for all over breakouts, or Mario Badescu drying cream for spot treatment.

HarlemJPN

According to my dermie, u shouldnt use salicylic acid and tretinoin at the same time. Maybe try using SA in the morning and not at night to let the full strength of the tretinoin go to work on your pimples? Just a thought.

i have also had good success with Glamglow supermud as a spot treatment. It is cray-cray priced, though, and you've already written below that u don't want to dry it out any further.

it may be time to go to the dermie. I have had the cortisone shot in the pimple before by the dermie for stubborn acne. Wish I could be more helpful, since you're always so helpful to everyone here!

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

Together they'd irritate your skin!  

andyhtrieu

Thanks! I just remembered that I have a mask that I should use on my spots. Thanks for reminding me! haha :smileyhappy:

HarlemJPN

Which ones do u like? I like the Glamglow, but it does irritate my skin a bit and it has fragrance. Oh, and it is priced as if it containted gold bars. I am not a Real Housewife here and can't afford $70 zit masks on the regular. :-)

andyhtrieu

I just use the Boots Botanics Conditioning Clay Mask. It's cheap and it works. Hahaha :smileyvery-happy:

To be honest, I don't think I'll ever use the Glam Glow masks because of the review on Beautypedia. YES, I KNOW, she's not the most reliable source. But I do believe half of what she says. I don't like products with heavy fragrance or irritating ingredients. I don't think the Glam Glow masks are worth $70 if they just have irritating plant extracts and fragrance. And their jar packaging won't keep some ingredients stable. 

Mystiques

(0) Hearts

Where did you buy the Boots Botanics Conditioning Clay Mask? I tried finding it on target's website and ulta's. But could only find one called Boots Botanics shine away ionic clay mask. Are they the same mask?

andyhtrieu

I don't think they're the same. I double checked with mine and the one listed on Ulta/Target. There might be different options in store. I find that mass retailers don't really update their beauty/skincare/health online as much. 

Mystiques

(0) Hearts

Thanks, I will go look in the store :smileyvery-happy:

andyhtrieu

This is what mine looks like 

upload_1157774273929029580.jpg

TheSocialQuota

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

WP_20140724_015[1].jpg

I got fed up yesterday and bought a bottle of the Ionic since I haven't used a mask in ages (and probably should). Tried it this morning and I will give it a few weeks to get a balanced opinion of it.

I took a picture of the back, how does it compare to the ingredients in the Conditioning Mask?

andyhtrieu

Mine has sea silt, water, glycerin, butylene glycol, arctium lappa root extract, sodium, hydroxymethlgycinate. On the front, it says "burdock purifies and clarifies. clay draws out impurities." 

TheSocialQuota

(0) Hearts

Rats on the Butylene, the last cleanser product (First Aid remover wipes) I had with that stuff stung and had a lingering burn. Turn #2 of this willow/clay blend tomorrow. Face is doing better but it could be cyclical hormones toning down. *fingers crossed*

Mystiques

Thanks. Now I know what to look for :smileyvery-happy:

TheSocialQuota

(0) Hearts

WOW, I just saw the Boots ingredient list on Target. Thanks for sharing, I am going to give it a try!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 59 replies
  • 64 hearts
  • 31 in conversation
    • killerteeth
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • Mystiques
    • drrragon
    • pinktorridora
    • lylysa