From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin

so i have severe back acne scars and i have prom coming up and i wanted to cover up my scars what do you recommend

so I have severe back acne scars and I have prom coming up and I wanted to cover up my scars what do you recommend. My dress is backless and I really want to cover my back acne scars please help. Also, can you recommend any products that might lighten up the pigment of my scars 

Re: so i have severe back acne scars and i have prom coming up and i wanted to cover up my scars what do you recommend

A spray foundation would be better to cover up a large area like your back. I've been there with the body acne.. it really sucks so bad. To my knowledge, Dior and Sephora both make spray foundations. Sally Hansen at the drugstore makes a spray-on leg makeup sort of thing but I used it on my back in high school and it worked great. 

It'll still suck because the makeup will wipe off if your back is touched. I hope your dress isn't white!

Re: so i have severe back acne scars and i have prom coming up and i wanted to cover up my scars what do you recommend

Yes, color correcting (green for red scars, or orange for dark bluish/purpley ones) before you apply concealer should work. I haven't found any products that effectively lighten scars in less than a couple of months, which is long enough for them to go away on their own. And I can DEFINITELY agree - setting powder is CRUCIAL. I wish I had paid any attention to it when I was in high school!

You can also try Vitamin E or any Vitamin C products that help with scars!

If your scars are red or pink, I would recommend colour correcting first with a green colour corrector. If they are more brown, then a peach toned colour corrector should neutralize them. After that, a good waterproof concealing product such as Dermablend should hide them further. Don't forget to set with powder to ensure your makeup is prom-proof!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing