Answer
shellyjan
rosacea
(0) Hearts

I have rosacea and have tried topical medicines such as clindamycin. Nothing helps.......I am 43 and look like I have acne...any suggestions for skin care or makeup?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 6
tenngal
Answered
(0) Hearts

Clinique Redness Solutions line of products are specifically designed to neutralize redness and are gentle to the needs of skin with Rosacea and reactive redness.  Some products that you may be interested in trying are:

Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Relief Cream is a gentle, oil-free moisturizer that calms and soothes redness-prone skin—even skin with Rosacea.  This extra-gentle, oil-free moisturizing cream provides instant relief to skin with persistent redness, blotchiness or broken capillaries.  It helps avert future flare-ups and is designed for all skin types.  You can find it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P201440&categoryId=B70

Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base SPF 15 protects skin from the UVA/UVB exposure that can aggravate skin with Rosacea or reactive redness.  It does it without chemical sunscreens.  It’s a comforting, oil-free makeup primer with a sheer green tint which visually corrects redness and evens skin tone that you can find here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P201441&categoryId=B70

Clinique Redness Solutions Makeup SPF 15 is a soothing, oil-free foundation that treats and covers redness with a very natural look and feel.  Its calming formula is infused with probiotics, antioxidants and SPF to help strengthen your skin's barrier while instantly color correcting flushing and blushing.  Calming ingredients help minimize flare-ups.  It’s appropriate for skin with mild to moderate Rosacea and for dry, dry-combination, or oily-combination skin types.  You can find it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P271903&categoryId=B70

For any extra spot-covering you may need, there is Clinique Redness Solutions Targeted Corrector which is a smooth, creamy, oil-free corrector/concealer that glides onto your skin, instantly camouflaging visible redness.  Lab-certified to neutralize redness on contact, this gentle formula goes to work instantly adding yellow corrective color without pulling or tugging on your skin.  It's ideal for all over the face or for targeting stubborn spots.  It's designed for dry to dry-combination to oily-combination skin types and works great partnered with Redness Solutions Makeup SPF 15.  You can find it here: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml;jsessionid=FWFQ4LASUJ4AECV0KSIAIGQ?id=P271904&categoryId...

Hope this helps!
Have a great day!
tenngal :smileyhappy:

anastasia95
Answered
(0) Hearts

Yes, rosacea is very common for people that are above 30 years old. Basically, you just have to choose an every day skin care routine: If your skin is mre oily use a gel cleanser, toner and anti aging moisturizer that is oil free. If you have dry skin, then use a cleanser that has a more creamy consistancy, and a moisturizer. A Hydrating mask is also a good choice if you have rosacea because usually people with rosacea have dry skin. Another thing that I think will really help is a Oatmeal Cleanser. You dont have to buy it, it is a DIY type of cleanser. First, put a handful of oatmeal in your hand, and put your hand under a sink (with your hand in a fist) Then let the oatmeal to get saturated with the water. You know if it is enough  water if when you press your finger into the oatmeal, a milky substance will be there. Now, all you need to do is massage this into your skin and use it like a cleanser! This will reduce redness, and make your skin feel very refreshed.-also, its super inexpensive!

jlhawthorne
Answered
(0) Hearts

A prescription for Doryx from my dermatologist has helped a lot. Plus I found m triggers are alcohol, sugar, sweat and heat.If I overdo any of these I will have a flare. 

rosacea
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi, I'm 33 and I have rosacea and extremely fair and sensitive skin. Until two years ago, my forehead was covered in bumps and my nose, chin and tops of my cheeks stayed red. I had the worst time finding anything that would help, skincare-wise, and every foundation, concealer or powder I tried turned orange on me in a matter of minutes. I tried Bare Minerals, Pure Minerals, Benefit, Clinique, Clarins, and half a dozen other department store type brands and every drug store brand I could find, but none of them were pure enough. I even tried Clinique's Redness Solutions line, but even it didn't work.

I finally found Obagi's Rosaclear line and I haven't looked back. Within two weeks, I saw a huge difference. By the end of four weeks, I had no more bumps on my forehead. I use it religiously. It's a little pricey, but for me it's worth it. I think the kit is supposed to be like three months worth, but I can now stretch it to four and a half or so since I don't have to use as much Metrodinazole gel as I used to to get the same result. I very rarely get a bump and when I do it's not nearly as bad as they once were. I also get a monthly facial, so I can have another set of eyes check out my skin.

Another product you might try is Aveeno's cleanser for sensitive skin. It's about $6 at the drugstore and to me, it's as good as the Obagi cleanser.

I also started using Jane Iredale foundation, concealer and blush. It is very nice. I use the pressed powder foundation and it has great coverage. There is a setting spray you can use so you can build up layers as you need to. I use the D2O spray. It has green tea in it and it is a dream. When the weather starts to get cooler, I don't have to switch to liquid foundation, I just use the Absence product. It's kind of like a primer. It keeps me from getting too dried out.

Now if Sephora would carry those lines, I wouldn't have to shop anywhere else.

Good luck!

jlhawthorne
Answered
(0) Hearts

A prescription for Doryx from my dermatologist has helped a lot. Plus I found m triggers are alcohol, sugar, sweat, hot water and heat.If I overdo any of these I will have a flare. When it flares, I make an oatmeal mask of plain greek yogurt, honey and oatmeal. I put the oatmeal in my food processor to make it fine. Just a little honey. Keep it in the fridge. Spread it on my face for 10-15 minutes and rinse with cool water.

jlhawthorne
Answered
(0) Hearts

A prescription for Doryx from my dermatologist has helped a lot. Plus I found m triggers are alcohol, sugar, sweat, hot water and heat.If I overdo any of these I will have a flare. When it flares, I make an oatmeal mask of plain greek yogurt, honey and oatmeal. I put the oatmeal in my food processor to make it fine. Just a little honey. Keep it in the fridge. Spread it on my face for 10-15 minutes and rinse with cool water. I only use Cetaphil cleanser and lotion. 

Question Stats
  • 6 answers
  • 0 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • jlhawthorne
    • shellyjan
    • anastasia95
    • rosacea