Answer
Jillyx0x
Accepted Solution
hard painful pimple like bumps on neck, under chin and along lower jawline take weeks to go away

I keep getting these hard pimple like bumps on my neck and right under my chin also along my lower jawline, they are huge, painful, they never come to a head and take weeks to go away....What is this??? Im 22 and this has been happening for about a year now i need help its so annoying!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
megcee
Answered
This is what you call cystic acne, and it sounds hormonal to me since it started in your early 20s and is on your jawline. It could also be in conjunction with not properly rinsing your shampoo and conditioner or facial cleansers that contain soap. Try rinsing your hair then pinning it up and washing your neck and back with a medicated cleanser last. Wash your face last also. I have suffered from this, so I hope my advice helps. I definitely recommend Eradikate and Murad Body Spray. I do not however recommend a Clarisonic for your face as this will not likely penetrate deep enough to cleanse cystic acne and can also spread bacteria around on the sensitive facial skin. I do use my Clarisonic with a salicylic body cleanser on my back (Neutrogena Body Wash). I highly, highly recommend not picking or trying to purge the blockage in the pore. This can cause deep tissue scarring and damage the follicle, leading to more pimples. I know it can be hard to not pick, but please resist the urge. I recommend glycolic facial cleansers, toners, and moisturizers. I use a brand called Alyria, but just search glycolic on Sephora and you will find a bunch of products. Finally, the ONLY thing that ultimately worked for me was a complete diet overall. I do not consume dairy or soy, as they contain hormones. I also found that caffeine and sugar irritate my cystic acne. I drink 2L of water a day and 1L of green tea and eat very clean. No white carbs or processed foods. It takes a lot of trials with different products and regimes to figure out what will work specifically for you. Good luck!
Question Stats
  • 7 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • soniasa
    • maryyy1989
    • megcee
    • makeupobesessed
    • diannemamaof3
    • Jillyx0x
    • sabrinao
    • merryberry