sammy1430

dry skin

My dermatologist has put me on Differin and Clindamycin (Sorry on spelling) recently for my 42 year old acne prone skin.  (Lucky Me)  Anyways, my favorite foundation is MUFE HD (#120 +123) and on days when I want to wear a little less makeup I wear Smashbox (light) CC Cream and Sometimes Halo Powder over it. Well the powder is out since the prescription topicals are drying me out.  But the MUFE  and CC cream still don't look right on my skin for the time being.  Any other suggestion on a foundation?  Otherwise I guess I will stick with the CC cream only for now.

sarinalove

Re: dry skin

(0) Hearts

Have you tried Philosophy Hope in a Jar for dry skin? I'd suggest to wear that first before wearing any foundation. That should help.

I also have dry skin and had some acne problems before but clindamycin really helped. So using a toner helps me too.

I use illamasqua skin based and MUFE pro finish foundation

PoesRevy

I completely understand....I am like that too!

If your moisturizer is water based, you could look into Ardency Inn Americana Custom Coverage Concentrate. I'm on the same meds and this product multi tasks. I really like it :smileyhappy:

PoesRevy

Hi sammy1430,

If you have not yet, perhaps get the dermatologist's thoughts on moisturizing (type recommended). The topical acne medication that you are on can be very drying, however with the correct moisture your skin will be happier and easier to get foundation to look nice.

sammy1430

(0) Hearts

Thanks!

he did suggest a different moisturizer, which I am using, I'm just impatient, LOL  

keelybt

(0) Hearts

Hi Sammy1430, Since my skin is dry naturally I mix a bit of the MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microperfecting Primer with the MUFE HD and it works really well.  If you have an emollient primer or luminizer you can try that. For a different formula, I would recommend TARTE Maracuja Miracle Foundation 12-Hour Broad Spectrum SPF 15.  Infused with Maracuja oil, it works really well for dehydrated skin and will give you more coverage.

Tarte - Maracuja Miracle Foundation 12-Hour Broad Spectrum SPF 15

http://www.sephora.com/maracuja-miracle-foundation-12-hour-broad-spectrum-spf-15-P375297?skuId=14372...

sammy1430

(0) Hearts

Great suggestion, thanks, I will be at Sephora first thing in the a.m.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • sammy1430
    • sarinalove
    • PoesRevy