msperfect

does ORIGIN'S Charcoal Mask work well

Does this work well? Or does something work better?

Heatoyos1

Re: does ORIGIN'S Charcoal Mask work well

(0) Hearts

I prefer the Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque. It's not carried by Sephora yet, but can be found at department stores which carry the Kiehl's brand. 

absterpratt

(0) Hearts

I really like it! It makes my face feel really clean and refreshed afterwords, but it doesn't dry me out like other masks. 

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

I dont care for the Origins Charcoal mask either.  It just doesnt seem to do much for my skin.  I do like the Glamglow masks though!  But no matter what "deep cleaning" face mask I use, I always have to follow it with a pore cleansing strip to really get all the grime out of my pores.

meecheroo

(0) Hearts

I didn't care for Origin's charcoal mask or GlamGlow. I do have a sample of the First Aid Beauty Purifying Mask with red clay and looking forward to trying that.

blondevixen

(0) Hearts

GlamGlow works much better. I had origins charcoal mask and it didn't do anything. I ended up throwing it away. Too bad; I would have sent it to you to try. 

bombshell30

I really like it! I think it does a great job with blackheads and I had better luck with it than I had with Glamglow!

itsjaimiehere

(0) Hearts

Me too! And it noticeably reduced the appearance of my pores!

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Yup, there isn't much difference if you just use it once a month and I didn't like the feel of it at first, but after using it twice a week after showering....only after I finished the tube did I realize that never once did it even occur to me to use pore strips that whole time. Before I use that my nose would feel so bumpy from clogged pores and I need those pore strips.

I want to like glamglow, and it certainly feels better on, but the black is a bit too drying and I can't seem to rinse the white off completely. Oh well, maybe I'll change my mind by the time I finish all the samples I hoarded.

knadala

(0) Hearts

It doesn't feel bad or good, just like a regular face mask; some tightening and I don't notice my skin being particularly better because of it. I bought a travel size just to try it out but I don't think it is anything special, at first I thought it was working really well, but after trying it several more times, I realized that my new face wash was the reason my skin improved. But who knows, everyone's skin is different, it may work for you.

mkupgk

(0) Hearts

Nope, I got a deluxe and it just doesnt do anything for or feels great on my skin

GGrace

(0) Hearts

I've used deluxe samples of it before, and while I know a ton of people who love it, Origins Charcoal Mask does nothing for my skin

infinitise

Its good, but I like Fresh Umbrian Clay mask better because its alot easier to wash off.

but that being said, I heard that you can use oil to help wash it off more easily and to moisturize your skin at the same time.. 

I definitely helps with white heads and acne. I also like to use if I have acne that's bothering me and I decide to pick it... it helps for "popped" acne to heal faster

Urbie

(0) Hearts

I really like it, especially for the price.  However, that is just on blackheads (for me, GlamGlow does a better job of clearing, but it is very expensive).  I'm not sure how it is for acne.

btmod2

Hi msperfect,

I really love the Origins Charcoal Mask. Most clay-based masks are very drying and this one is not at all. I have found that if I consistently use this mask, it really helps clear up any breakouts.

Another great mask that has helped clear up my skin is the Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment. After using this mask,I saw instant results! I also think this mask helped fade pigmentation left over from past breakouts.

Best,

Randee

spoiledbrat

The charcoal mask works great on my cat's acne!  It sped up the process of getting the crud to the surface where I could remove it. Love the stuff for my cat.

bombshell30

(0) Hearts

Lol Brat! You are such a good cat momma!!

ChicDabbler

Depends on what you want out of it. It's great for unclogging the pores for me, by bringing the junk to the surface and out. However, that means your breakout will look inflamed before it goes down since the mask does not dry the skin out. If you have sensitive skin and just want something to control the oil, try Boots Botanics (which don't have much effect beyond that for truly problem skin). And then there's the white Glamglow, which is better or worse than Origins depending on who you ask.

If you are looking for acne fighting masks, try Murad Clarifying. It can be too drying/harsh for dry/sensitive skin so be sure to moisturize well and don't use too often.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • spoiledbrat
    • blondevixen
    • ChicDabbler
    • bombshell30
    • Urbie